Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Socata TB meet-up Lee on Solent EGHF UK 20th Aug 2022

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Anyway, poor wording there. The data entry mask above could lead people to believe that this will accomplish the Belgian requirements…

Yes indeed. Thanks for calling that out! I read the bottom note differently, and assumed based on the data masking that it was supported. But it seems you are probably correct.

EHRD, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

I am always trying to get people to come here I think the biggest thing is that pilots who are used to never leaving schengen just don’t like to ever leave schengen. It’s always been the case…

It may sound like a poor reasoning (maybe it actually is , but I only have an ID card which I even can use for holiday trips to Egypt and Turkey. AFAIK I’d need to get a passport issued even for just a daytrip to the UK. So I concluded for myself, that there are enough other interesting destinations, where I havent been to yet

EDLE

If you don’t have a passport then you won’t be going to the UK, or most of the world actually

According to their website, this capability (creating any formalities in say Belgium, Germany, France for flying to or from the UK) is not supported:

Which countries’ “GENDEC” does it do?

Administrator

but I only have an ID card which I even can use for holiday trips to Egypt and Turkey

I don’t think that concession applies to GA flights to Egypt, handlers ak for passport numbers and in B737, I think it’s only for pre-booked tours?

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Aug 09:19
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

If you don’t have a passport then you won’t be going to the UK, or most of the world actually

True. Good thing is, that I can get one issued anytime, if I feel the need

EDLE

I don’t think that concession applies to GA flights to Egypt, handlers ak for passport numbers and in B737, I think it’s only for pre-booked tours?

Of course.

True. Good thing is, that I can get one issued anytime, if I feel the need

I am not a philosopher, so I struggle to understand this, in the context here. Basically it is a voluntary deprivation of one’s travel capability. It doesn’t explain why travelling to a meet-up in the UK is difficult.

Administrator

Peter, my answer was merely related to your comment regarding “Schengen only travellers”. Don’t get me wrong, I have been to the UK (and btw. many other countries outside Schengen area) several times and I do like the country very much! It’s just that I currently don’t feel like getting a passport issued just to hop over the channel.

EDLE

europaxs wrote:

It’s just that I currently don’t feel like getting a passport issued just to hop over the channel.

I’m with Peter on this one. I cannot understand why one would not have a passport. I come from a country (the US) where many (if not most) people don’t have a passport, but you can also travel large distances without needing one. But in Europe I fail to understand why anyone would not have a passport. I loathe the few weeks I have to go without mine whenever I renew it!

EHRD, Netherlands

dutch_flyer wrote:

But in Europe I fail to understand why anyone would not have a passport.

Because you normally do not need it for travelling within the EU

EDLE
Sign in to add your message