Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Socata TB meet-up Lee on Solent EGHF UK 20th Aug 2022

Until a couple of years ago you didn’t need a passport to go to the UK. One just had to show our identity card.
Btw you need a visa for Egypt.

Last Edited by gallois at 22 Aug 14:44
France

Until a couple of years ago you didn’t need a passport to go to the UK. One just had to show our identity card.

This is really digressing but I don’t think so. The ID card option was available UK-Ireland, I think, until about 30 years ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is really digressing but I don’t think so. The ID card option was available UK-Ireland, I think, until about 30 years ago.

Irish Passport Card can still be used to enter the UK, I think UK BF has already confirmed it a few times. Even after Brexit.

EGTR

A group of us came to the UK 2018 and all we needed were our ID cards. And we did show them to border force officials in the UK.

France

Irish passport card can definitely be used to enter UK (from anywhere, not just from Ireland), I understand. ID cards from EU countries aren’t accepted any more, unless the holder has pre-settled or settled status in the UK. My European colleagues tell me that it is not as uncommon as you might think that a lot of EU citizens do not have a passport, unlike in the UK when virtually everyone has one (or at least they did before it became nearly impossible to renew). There isn’t a official ID card for British citizens.

EGTF, United Kingdom

As I was saying, the fly-in was great!

Wing pic with nice coastline:

EHRD, Netherlands
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message