Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Solar eclipse anyone?

In Bremehaven, Germany (in the north), it was cloudy, so all we saw was a bit of dark.

In the beginning, there was nothing. Then god said “let there be light”, and there was light, and there was still nothing – but you could see it!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I found it hard to get sharp ones…

This is near the maximum point

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here, 10 minutes after the max.

LRSV, Romania

These are all the ones I got, as thumbnails

The job clearly needs a proper setup, tested before the flight

EDIT: all my pics are here

Administrator

Here some of the pictures of the solar eclipse we experienced last Friday just North of the Faroe Islands.

First we were wearing the solar eclipse sunglasses and the picture is taken just a few minutes before the total eclipse. Then you see the shadow racing over the earth from the South-East towards our Cirrus. Then during the total eclipse we took off our eclipse sunglasses and looked through binoculars to the sun and the last image shows what we saw either through the binoculars or our cameras.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 22 Mar 09:52
EDLE, Netherlands

EDLE, Netherlands

Thank you for these pictures. Very nice.

Frequent travels around Europe

And here a short video of the short time of total eclipse. This video was taken at 16000 feet just North of the Faroe Islands last Friday with a GoPro:

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 22 Mar 22:44
EDLE, Netherlands

Wrong video?

Administrator

Mooney driver,

As to not being able to go to Svalbard:

http://luftfartstilsynet.no/incoming/article10277.ece/BINARY/VFR2013-web.pdf
Page 5.

Someone told me that the permission by the Governor will only be given if you can demonstrate that the purpose of your trip is business..

I am interested to go there one day, so if your collegueas know a way, please specify. Or maybe LeSving can enlighten us?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message