Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for secondhand EASA ATPL Books

Any one done studying and wants to pass on books to a new student. I am planning to take the ATPLs as a hobby pilot and would like to acquire a full set of second hand books. If you are in Madrid or close by happy to pick them up in person. Please let me know. Thank you.

Rus
Spain

You might want to ask this on the ATPL Discord server, discord.gg/atpl

London, United Kingdom

I have the full set of Manuals that I paid CATS a lot of money for and never used.
I’d be happy to sell them but am in the UK.

Forever learning
EGTB

Someone I know literally just said they want to sell their CPL books on ebay. A decade old and only the CPL so probably not much good..?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Rus wrote:

Any one done studying and wants to pass on books to a new student. I am planning to take the ATPLs as a hobby pilot and would like to acquire a full set of second hand books. If you are in Madrid or close by happy to pick them up in person. Please let me know. Thank you.

Usually, e-books are used and they are updated constantly, so the ATPL manual might be useless to you – you’d have to buy another set and read them anyway. I’d suggest to work an ATO and buying it from them.

EGTR

Most of these textbooks are written for non-technical people and are unnecesarily wordy. Unless you actually want this kind of explanations, I’d rather recommend “ATPL summary” by Rob Groothuis (available free on the net) as the most compact guide (all 14 subjects in 60 pages) or, if you want more detail but still a single book, EASA Professional Pilot Studies by Phil Croucher, available both on paper and in PDF.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message