Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB-IR / CB IR / CBIR (merged)

No matter what date I choose, as soon as I book a single exam for a given time, that time disappears when I try to make another booking.

EIMH, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

No matter what date I choose, as soon as I book a single exam for a given time, that time disappears when I try to make another booking.

You can only book one exam for any given timeslot. Appreciate that means you go and do IFR Comms in 20 mins (for example), then have to wait a few hours for the next. Welcome to the CAA.

Maximum you can do in any one day is 4.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Thanks I had kind of come to that realisation today. It’s a pain because I was planning to do them in Bristol but they seem to have only 2 sessions most days. Coventry has 4 which is a bit more like it when travelling from abroad to do them.

EIMH, Ireland

Thanks for the feedback. Very interesting.
Seems much better in NL than in Belgium if I can trust my experience in looking for a ATO for EIR or CBIR.

Br,
J

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Going down this route, looking for recommendations for the distance learning. The 7 CB-IR subjects are a subset of 7 (of 14) ATPL subjects, so I guess those who can offer solid CBT for ATPL may also provide a good offering for CB-IR?

I am looking for something more extensive then an eBook.

For question database and training there are dedicated apps which seem to get good feedback, like AviationExam.

I have identified some ATOs but would love to hear your first hand experience with distance learning theory.

Last Edited by GaryStorm at 12 Oct 18:45

Noticed last week these iBooks specifically for the CBIR.
Don’t know if they are any good though.

ESMK, Sweden

They are very good. Much better than the ATO material I got

I wouldn’t necessarily buy the comms book. I was able to get consistent >90% on all mock exams (on aviation exam) prior to study

Noe wrote:

Much better than the ATO material I got
My ATO gave us the FAA material.
ESMK, Sweden

That’ll help you understand many matters of IFR flying but I’m afraid not to pass the EASA exams.

Sign in to add your message