Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Home Simulator

Vladimir wrote:

Something I’ve seen now in all reviews of FS2020 is that everybody concentrates on the graphics and visual details but there is no information on physics and realism of handling, weather, engine failure simulation, etc. In other words is it only a game or can it be a real training simulator. Do you have any information on this?

From a preview video of my favourite games magazine, GameStar, I know that the physics simulation is extremely good and detailed. The panels are also accurate and fully useable AFAIK.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

he panels are also accurate and fully useable AFAIK.

Stefan Drury already disproved that – for example you cannot use a keyboard in SR22 or IN/hPa mode switch is not there on G1000.
They might update it…

EGTR

This thread is worthless without pics (just kidding, but some screenshots would be nice).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Also curious about the VR experience if anyone has it and is willing to report.

Snoopy wrote:

This thread is worthless without pics (just kidding, but some screenshots would be nice).

There are enough videos on YouTube….. just saying….

AF wrote:

Also curious about the VR experience if anyone has it and is willing to report

I have the Oculus Quest and cable which makes it perform like an Oculus Rift – unfortunately VR is not yet supported. But it is planned later this year.

EDL*, Germany

Youtube influencer stuff isn’t as personal as here, but I get your point.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Interesting…

I haven’t used a flight sim since my IMC Rating in 2001 or so. But just following the tech makes it clear that whatever video card and whatever CPU and whatever size water cooling tower you have, you always max out the frame rate on whatever the current sim is

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

20-30 years ago, and I would be all over it Today, not so much. The largest advancement in flight sim the last decades is TrackIR IMO. The next step would be a full physical cockpit with surround display screens, but by then you might as well buy a real aircraft

Maybe I will try it at some point though, just to see if my house is there

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The largest advancement is VR. Much morerrealistic and saves you from dedicating a whole room full of hardware to simming.

EDQH, Germany

But very different from real flying with buttons, knobs, etc. VR is in my opinion not useful for real flying training e.g. IR test preparation.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message