Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPL training in Spain or France (or other)?

Swissflyer wrote:

@rwy20 Many thanks for the suggestion, I was actually looking at Habsheim as a good club to join once I get my licence as it is fairly local to me. My only reservation was whether they had English speaking instructors. I will drop you a PM to discuss further.

I was discussing this with a colleague last night and I was told there are at least a few instructors flying in “Aéroclub du Haut Rhin” that speak good English. In such an internationally diverse region of France, I’d be very surprised if this was an issue.

Vladimir wrote:

I have no experience with Spain or France, but if you are Swiss based (from your username), research a bit about the requirements to fly in Switzerland afterwards. I think you need to at least make a mountain flying training (probably a flight of 1-2 hours in the Alps). Switzerland has some additional challenges which you won’t meet when training in constantly nice weather (Spain) and flat terrain (UK), but lack others like flying over water.

I have transferred my French PPL to Switzerland and didn’t have to do anything except paperwork. Oh and pay the usual FOCA fees of course !

Last Edited by antoinebk at 29 Mar 06:31
LFLP/LSGL

I would definitely consider getting your PPL there where you are going to use it initialy and spreading your lessons over a couple of months with all kind of various weather conditions. A four week course might get you up-to standard quickly, and if all goes well you even might earn your PPL, but when the paperwork is done and you have your license a couple of weeks later and then starting out again at a new airfield, with other planes and instructors you might find yourself set back in skill level quite a bit. That can be depressing. Flying is suposed to be fun, take your time and make it your own. It’s worth it.

EHTE, Netherlands
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message