Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CBIR vs American FAA IR & conversion to CBIR

NCYankee wrote:

What is QDR or QDS. I haven’t run across those acronyms in 48 years of instrument flying?

Bearing to and from a station. They are household abbreviations here in NL.

EHTE, Netherlands

Bobo wrote:

Bearing to and from a station. They are household abbreviations here in NL.

Magnetic bearing to a station is QDM. Magnetic bearing from a station is QDR. There is no QDS, AFAIU.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

GA_Pete wrote:

If I’m completely honest having an IR and flying 80 to 100 hrs a year isn’t going to be me I reckon on around 50 max but the alternative is to give up flying so I do want to make this work somehow. But as I first said std home study has failed me. Perhaps I could try Peters method of just hitting the QB alone……

I read the supplied study material a few times for the CBIR. I only did it as a passenger flying commercially, as I had little time to do it at home. Did not spend that many hours on it.
AviationExam fixed the rest. Now I don’t see it as a system where you learn the answers to the questions but you learn the way they are frased and the main topics and there is a clear explanation to the answers. The effective way for me was to use AE to focus the study on the things I had wrong. I can’t remember exactly but there is settings in AE to focus on this and that will rapidly increase your score.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Agreed, Aviation Exam is very usefull.

EHTE, Netherlands

I learned some Q-codes during my PPL training in 1995. QDR, QDM, QNH and QFE are those that we did learn. Later, in France I learned QFU (runway in use) which is used extensively.

LFPT, LFPN
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message