Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The science of flying and the beauty of flying combined

As I have flown into EDDK multiple times this year I can report that I never paid more than 140 something for landing and staying one or two days. There is a 200 € item on the price list. It is for arrivals after 22:00 LT.

Frequent travels around Europe

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

As I have flown into EDDK multiple times this year I can report that I never paid more than 140 something for landing and staying one or two days.

That’s interesting. My only data point is one landing with one overnight stay due to weather last year with a Piper Archer and I remember paying 200 EUR.

Is anyone aware that they have reduced any of their fees?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

No landings were planned at Köln-Bonn and Düsseldorf (both unfortunately set you back by approximately 200€ per landing in an SEP).

That is not really true. Düsseldorf is much less, with the BE33 I do pay normally arround 80€ with one overnight stay. Köln with two nights ist normally arround the 140 €. Köln starts to be expensive as mentioned here when arriving after 22:00.

EDDS , Germany

Patrick et al,

As usual, in Germany it always depends hugely on the accepted noise category, in addition to weight, time of day, pax and a few other details.

At Düsseldorf, an SR22 is indeed 200
Euros. But yes, the fees scale down quite noticeably for lower weights / better noise values. 1-ton aircraft, from various pireps, seem to be in 85€ ballpark usualy, so including the DFS fee, let’s call it a hundred Euros. Anything else will be between that.

Peter’s Bo, although the same weight as the SR22, is somewhat less noisy, AFAIK.

Re meeting up, should probably have called you and / or Roland up before leaving, but forgot, as it was planned at short notice. Next time. In fact, I even saw Georg’s plane parked at EDLE…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Dec 09:24
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Top of Alpe D’Huez.

@boscomantico I used EDDL with my SR22 last month and paid 83,34 € including VAT.

It’s actually cheaper to use EDDL than Cologne EDDK.

[ I replaced the dropbox link with a screenshot, disidentified. Based on average traffic stats here, you would have got ~ 1000 downloads and DB tend to pull the account when that happens. Also most DB links become invalid pretty fast, for various reasons. Let me know if there is any issue with this, Stephan – Peter ]

Thanks Stephan. It does come down to what they recognize in terms of “noise category”. What kind of noise certificate do you have? Note that yours is a TN, so despite 2700 RPM (like mine), it will be a little quiter than an NA.

Still, even yours will be relatively noisy. Nevertheless it looks like you were put into the cheapest noise category. Lucky you. It’s all a bit of a mystery in Germany and actually even seems to depend on the person processing your landing fee invoice…. it’s a joke.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Very good pics; thanks for posting them.

Always good to see a KLN94 All these “non RNAV1” boxes were due to die years ago but that whole PRNAV ship seems to have left the harbour and sunk. I am sure they will launch another one pretty soon though…

That ground pic of the Alps looks like some bad wx just passed and cleared the air – very rare.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

I used EDDL with my SR22 last month and paid 83,34 € including VAT.

However the aircraft designated on the receipt is a SR 20

EDLE

Yes, I notice now. Anyway it’s the invoice I paid. I doubt it makes any difference but in the end the invoicing party should know.

I did look up an invoice from August 2016 for a short day trip to EDDK. It was 137,21 € including VAT with 1 PAX and no overnight parking.

Sign in to add your message