Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tips Bremen EDDW?

Forum,

Ill probably fly into Bremen EDDW IFR with a single engine piston.
Any recent tips and tricks? Where to park? How to keep the bill reasonbly under control? What about the handling that Autorouter suggests?
Thanks,

Niner Mike

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Last year when I was there, no handling, the bill below 2t in acceptable range – I remeber roughly 60 € with two days of parking. Only thing was that passing the security and going to the aircraft was a longer procedure.

EDDS , Germany

The „handling required“ notes in autorouter are mostly bogus, unfortunately. Or at least confusing and inconclusive. In particular for Germany, where you don‘t have to worry about who will handle younand where you will park, since it will all happen automatically, without any choice. Enjoy it. Bring a noise certificate.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I recall it was very straightforward, just security was a pain as well. I didn’t get handling either.

EGTK Oxford

Great. Thanks guys

Abeam the Flying Dream

Tram is located conveniently directly in front of terminal, no need to use a taxi to get to city centre.

Once you are in the area and if time permits i recommend to follow the Weser river to the coastline VFR and do some sightseeing. Nice landscape.

EDAQ, Germany

Most about Bremen has been said, but I would like to add a cost-saving hint: If you are able and willing to depart VFR southbound, you could elect to use RWY23 for departure, which is VFR only, but will take you away from the noise-sensitive areas.
For doing so, you will be rewarded with a landing/takeoff fee reduction by 50%, but only down to a minimum fee of 5€. It’s in the airport fees document annotations and tends to be overlooked.

If you have time to spare, I always recommend an aerial tour of Hamburg (EDDH). The ATC personnel is very friendly and usually willing to clear you for a CTR crossing along the Elbe river, with a few 360s overhead the harbor area or the Airbus plant at Finkenwerder (EDHI). They get these sightseeing requests all the time and are generally very forthcoming.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Thank you @CharlieRomeo

Abeam the Flying Dream

Update: the going part of my trip from Lille (LFQQ) to Bremen went very well.
Climbed to FL170.
Got the ILS runway 27 at night.
The Follow-me car picked me off at G and brought me to the apron. The guy picked me up woth his can, brpught me to the exit and I can pay everything tomorrow when I fly back.

Thanks all!

Abeam the Flying Dream
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message