Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To Morocco and the Canaries

Great writing aart, and a great adventure. Thank you for sharing.

EGTT, The London FIR

Very nice report. Thanks Aart!

LPFR, Poland

aart wrote:

So I did a nice flying trip with some flying friends to Morocco

Good trip, thanks for the info.

I hope to meet up with some friends in Morocco in November, however I seem to vaguely recall reading somewhere that a special permit or something is necessary to enter Morocco and that all flights need to be agreed before entering the country. It doesnt appear from the trip report that Aart had to go through that rigmarole.

Has anyone heard of that or did I dream it?

You know, I’ve never even thought of that But it indeed doesn’t seem to be required. Entered the country twice as you read, and no issue.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

No authorization needed for Morocco exept for Western Sahara.
They do require to have the flight plan filed 24 hours before ETD but don’t enforce it

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

That’s a great flight.

I have done a similar one ten years ago: Malaga – Fez – Er Rachidia – Quarzazzate – Marakech – Malaga. That was one of my best lights and I can’t wait to do it again in the Cirrus. Maybe when my son is a little older. …

aart wrote:

You know, I’ve never even thought of that But it indeed doesn’t seem to be required

Romain wrote:

No authorization needed for Morocco exept for Western Sahara

Many thanks to both for the info, much appreciated.
Q

Peter,
Thanks for putting together This Forum where you can always get a good intelligent response, glad to be part of a knowledgeable international community.

Thanks great read and beautiful photos.

KHTO, LHTL

I have never flown to Morocco (a TB20 can only just make Tangier from Shoreham; zero reserves ) but there are two distinct stories going around regarding permits.

One says you need them (this one tends to come from bizjet pilots) and the other one says you don’t. Well, there is a third one, which is flying along the coast below the radar, and that one also doesn’t need them

What does the AIP say?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message