Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Top 20 airports / most visited airports / how many different airports have you landed at

Peter wrote:

Enjoy

OK will try that, maybe on the weekend, I also have my logs still on paper :-)

Germany

I don’t think it matters what white space you use. So one per line is fine.

Any filename is OK. It pops up a file browser and you select the file.

The airports have to be in the database.

Enjoy

We should probably make it compute a top 20 list also.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Just upload a text file containing the codes.

You end up with a custom URL which you can send to someone and that URL will plot your airport list.

Could you just share some more words on how to feed this list? Is it a file format “.txt” and ICAO codes separated by a space, or a return? Seems interesting and I was about to make such a list…

And what about airfields without ICAO identifier? Is this possible?

And by the way: Thank you for making this accessible!

Last Edited by UdoR at 05 May 12:41
Germany

gotta say, some amazing lists and maps on this thread, respect guys!
Katamarino, most impressive. And thanks for the reports on your website, love to read and immerse into trips like you and others have done.

As for me, well… been flying since 1979 (yes, I’m that old…), 28 years of which in big pressurized aluminum tubes watching the AP at work, retired 3 1/2 years ago. Always been and will keep flying SEP for as long as I can, since it is my first passion.

My resume, about 22K total, of which 16K+ as a pilot, of which about 3K SEP. And “only” 570 different places, gotta work on this

The figures in my list reflect the pro flying, my actual GA base LSZF, and the place where I started flying and which I still frequently fly into, LSGL. Being kinda stuck in CHE since about a 1 1/2 year now, a GA list only would be rather dull… looking forward to returning flight freedom

ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I could add this

It’s not my personal one but it shows the places we landed at with our Mooney. Anyway, still a lot left to explore

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Some seriously impressive stuff above!

Worth a mention again that the EuroGA airport database map has a file upload function (bottom right) where you can upload a list of ICAO codes and it plots them on the map. You don’t need to be logged in to use this. Previously mentioned above.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Katamarino wrote:

I have a little over 2,900 hours.

Your map is really impressive!

You have visited a new airfield every 2.5 flight hours. That’s a very high frequency of new places!

EDDW, Germany

My stats, in just over 250 hours and about 5 years of flying:

48 unique airports visited in 5 countries: Spain, UK, Portugal, Morocco, Germany
In average since started flying: new airport visited every 5 flight hours, or every 30 natural days.

Top 15 by number of visits (the ones in itallics can be called “bases”):
LEJR Jerez – 59
EGBE Coventry – 41
EGBT Turweston – 19
LEOC Ocaña – 11
EGTC Cranfield – 9
EGNF Netherthorpe – 8
EGBJ Gloucester – 8
LETJ Trebujena – 6
EGTK Oxford – 5
EGBW Wellesbourne – 5

Top by most rare, obscure, “proud” visit:
LECT El Castaño: this is a private airfield which belongs to the owners of “Santander”, the banking group.
GMME Rabat: I was very lucky to have the chance of solo hiring an aircraft to fly myself out of Spain and the EU. First “intercontinental” flight.
EDDW Bremen (flew from/to EGTK Oxford): My first serious international IFR flight.

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 30 Apr 00:35
EDDW, Germany

I enjoy tracking this kind of stuff. Since I started flying in 2005, I have kept my logbook in Excel as well as paper, for easy number crunching.

All my flying has been single engine piston (apart from 11 multi hours!), and private – some in aid of charity. Mostly in Cessna singles.

So far I am at:

• 6 continents
  • 60 countries
  • 1,170 unique airports (including a highway in Wyoming and another in the Australian outback, as well as a frozen lake and a couple of beaches).

I have a little over 2,900 hours.

Blue icons are airports landed at, orange are airports landed and camped overnight at.

I have written up a lot of these adventures, with pictures and maps, at my website: https://katamarino.co.uk/

It also has a zoomable version of the map, at https://katamarino.co.uk/index.php/about-the-pilot/

Last Edited by Katamarino at 29 Apr 23:52
Kent, UK

Hard to spot my few airports. I had to change the color and increase the contrast a bit.

ESME, ESMS
111 Posts
Sign in to add your message