Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Southern Italy in May/June 2019

As mentioned, a call to Corte LINB to check if avgas could be taken on would be little effort and it is in the right spot. Sure the runway is soil, but it is the best soil runway I’ve seen and since it is already used by a TB20.

LSZK, Switzerland

I got it from someone else but agree nothing is published (however Brindisi have been an avgas gray area for years, with the actual conflicting with published data) so have emailed them. No reply received thus far, but it was sent in English only so maybe that’s why There is a report from a year ago stating they had avgas.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter surprisingly just said no…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Interesting about Brindisi though. Their AIP says Avgas and no NOTAM says otherwise.

Brindisi has Avgas too (if a bit expensive).

T28
Switzerland

Indeed. Nothing before to the bespoke Foggia.

Of course, there are a few private airfields which can serve some Avgas, bit as usual, they are grass/soil, need prior agreements (often in Italian only) for the fuel.

Interesting about Brindisi though. Their AIP says Avgas and no NOTAM says otherwise.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Both are the other side of Italy. Nothing it seems on the east side, at the bottom, facing the former Yugoslavia coast.

Administrator

Reggio Calabria

Challenging weather these days.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Not sure which airports in the very southern Italy have avgas nowadays.

Scalea and Reggio Calabria.

T28
Switzerland

LIBN is Military only.LINL is shut/confiscated due to an old story.

LGGG

Bari (just confirmed by email) or Brindisi have no avgas.

Not sure which airports in the very southern Italy have avgas nowadays. Lecce (there are two called that: LINL LIBN) is in the right place for what I want (diversion for Dubrovnik) but no fuel and no AIP respectively.

Administrator
43 Posts
Sign in to add your message