Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK Regional Airports Price League Table - 757kg

@James_Chan, would you know by chance where to find the updated info?
Thanks!

EGTR

Was quoted £150+VAT for 2 days in Sheffield next week (1243kg) as I’m going to the snooker. Think I’ll just use my €50 return commercial ticket.

EIMH, Ireland

So, from the pricing it seems the second Signature get involved in something, GA gets shut out. Sounds about right…

Kent, UK

Peter wrote:

Also I don’t think the prices were recently checked

I can assure you that all prices were recently checked in the past 14 days, however I do welcome corrections and it’s entirely possible I have received an incorrect quotation. Handling Agents do not often publish charges on a website in the same way Airports do.

Last Edited by James_Chan at 18 Apr 11:02

Thanks James for sharing that list, gosh I almost landed in Manchester one day until they told me the total

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Sorry, off topic, but IIRC, the all the Swedavia airports are now approx. 60 Euros for a single landing/takeoff (except those few which are even more!).

Sure, but most licensed airports in Sweden are not Swedavia airports. Swedavia made a very large price increase for light aircraft this year by raising the minimum charge.

Also, visitors can buy a weekly season card from Swedavia which pays for itself if you make more than two landings. (Or actually sooner as parking is included.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 18 Apr 10:04
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

there is a EU regulation that is explicit that you can self handle

Unfortunately every airport which wants to force handling has found a way around this. In most cases they ignore any correspondence on the topic, so if you really want to fly there, you have to take what is on offer.

Inevitably, that price table is applicable selectively. For example, Jersey is now around £200 (via the outrageously priced GAMA) – unless you want to take advantage of the aeroclub’s most generous offer to bend your prop on their dodgy sloping grass parking. I don’t go there anymore and neither does anybody I know who used to. One can manage it if there are at least 2 strong people available, to move the plane manually.

Also I don’t think the prices were recently checked – see e.g. this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry, off topic, but IIRC, the all the Swedavia airports are now approx. 60 Euros for a single landing/takeoff (except those few which are even more!).
So, in comparison, the vast majority of these UK airports are less expensive.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Gosh! The UK is really expensive.

The “Self-handling not permitted” bit is interesting as there is a EU regulation that is explicit that you can self handle.

That might not help you much, though. Stockholm/Arlanda used to ban self-handling. After AOPA-Sweden complained to the Swedish CAA, they had to change that, but

1) you have to have a written self-handling agreement in advance and
2) you still have to arrange transportation to and from the apron. If you don’t have a car and driver with an airside permit you have to buy the service from the airport and that is NOT cheap.

OTOH, locals could possibly benefit from this.

On the third hand, with a Brexit that point will be moot.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 18 Apr 09:07
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Almost always no.

In fact some of the most expensive places don’t even stock AVGAS.

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message