Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lelystad EHLE - Visitors guide

@SvenHZ many thanks, I see autorouter produces an IFR route all the way to NYKER with presumably a smooth transition to EHLE.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

OK, sorry I am not IR trained, so that means you would switch to VFR after NYKER? That would not be my personal choice (to me this means that Autorouter is not aware of BRAVO arrival being unavailable through long-term NOTAM); PAM is more convenient for VFR entry into the EHLE CTR (MIKE or XRAY arrival), unless you are able to negotiate a BRAVO arrival coming from NYKER which is not that commonly given.

Last Edited by SvenHz at 22 Jul 12:32
EHLE, Netherlands

@SvenHZ good point, yes I see MIKE X-RAY is preferred, not sure why autorouter didn’t offer me the EKNON arrival which is in autorouter but not in ForeFlight, that would naturally segue to MIKE

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Robert, you can fly directly IFR to EHLE between 9:00 -17:00 LT on workdays (not in the weekends or public holidays), provided you request an IFR slot at least 24 hours in advance via email (they usually respond in few minutes).
Without PPR you have to file a Y plan and cancel IFR before entering the CTR.
In the evening the airport is not IFR anymore.

IFR routing from UK will circumnavigate Schiphol TMA, as you are allowed to fly into it only if you are departing or arriving to EHAM.
Approach to EHLE is always from the East (again, due to proximity to EHAM). The procedure is via BADEX or EKNON, coming from the southeast you will probably get a shortcut by Arrival.

If you plan to cancel IFR, at NYKER you can request direct base to Lelystad Tower, or you can add DOTIX and KUVOS after NYKER to the flight plan (to cancel IFR at KUVOS), and it should validate. That will put you in a good position for a straight in runway 23, a direct downwind 05 route or the MIKE VFR arrival route if Tower denies the other two.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message