Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

OK; how about a daily updated thread? Yes it would be a bit silly to have 20 posts if we get 20 reports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We have a deal

LFOU, France

Done some tweaks to the AIP feature… needs more testing by users, please.

I’ve been testing with Edge too; the advantage is that it is not being used for anything else

You do still get the EAD screen the first time, if using an anonymising browser.

Administrator

@Peter, the behavior is still the same, even when using a browser in normal mode. Just as you described, a refresh on the first entry will give you the PDF. I can live with that. I think it is something to mention on the FAQ page and at the top on the AIP search results page?

EHLE (Lelystad - NL), Netherlands

Thanks for the testing.

What would be interesting is how long it is before it happens again with a browser which was never closed down, and not even had the airport database tab closed. I reckon it is of the order of 24hrs, because it didn’t happen to me when I got out of bed this morning.

A couple of people much smarter than me had a dig around; there is some sort of cookie involved but it is encrypted so we can’t tell the timeout on it.

Administrator

BTW I don’t know if there has been a new AIRAC cycle but AIP URLs created yesterday do not load now. You have to click on the “AIP” button again.

If there has not been a new AIRAC cycle, it means EAD are creating a random part of the URL, perhaps every day or every few days.

It doesn’t affect the working of our site at all, but it does underline that it would be unwise to be caching any PDFs on our server (which would be the complete but crude way to solve the issues discussed).

It also underlines the pointlessness of posting URLs to any AIP PDFs from the EAD site in the forum Or for that matter from any national AIP site – those will expire every 28 days for sure. Such PDFs need to be uploaded to our server – just like you can do with images.

Administrator

I think we may have fixed it. Took a really clever guy from eastern Europe to spot something simple

I can now get the AIP on the first click, even from an anonymous browser tab.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Or for that matter from any national AIP site

Some national AIPs have a fixed URL that always refers to the AIP in force at the time of access.

ELLX

Hmmm yeah that would be nice and sensible. But in aviation

Ideally you do what some countries do (UK included): plant lots of different versions of AIP PDFs and make sure google finds them randomly.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message