Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

We now have pulldowns for the visit date, as well as the calendar. It makes it faster to do a report for say a couple of years ago.

I am wondering if it may be worth implementing AIP retrieval from some of the national sites which don’t supply data to EAD. I would do this only if it is easy… Sweden and Switzerland come to mind.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I am wondering if it may be worth implementing AIP retrieval from some of the national sites which don’t supply data to EAD. I would do this only if it is easy… Sweden and Switzerland come to mind.

What data in the national AIP doesn’t Sweden supply to EAD? (Serious question, as I’m not aware of any.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 25 Aug 10:50
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The VFR Manual ?

Maybe it isn’t relevant. This is why I am asking people – what would they like to see in the database which they don’t already get from it.

This is a good time to work on this project – when not many people are flying due to CV19 and the huge economic fallout from it. It’s obvious there is little activity right now but this time will pass and eventually we will all be back to normal.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The VFR Manual ?

As I’ve said, there is no VFR AIP in Sweden. There are VFR manuals published by the Royal Swedish Aeroclub and by Jeppesen.

Let me put the Q again

… I am asking people – what would they like to see in the database which they don’t already get from [EAD]

Administrator

Airborne_Again wrote:

There are VFR manuals published by the Royal Swedish Aeroclub and by Jeppesen.

So, if the Royal Swedish Aeroclub puts these for free on some website, would it be useful to deep link to them? I guess yes?

Last Edited by lionel at 25 Aug 16:53
ELLX

lionel wrote:

So, if the Royal Swedish Aeroclub puts these for free on some website, would it be useful to deep link to them? I guess yes?

You wish! Subscription only.

OK; does anyone else have any other useful feature requests?

Administrator

It is often enough to link to the airport’s/airclub’s website in Sweden. They usually replicate all the information from the VFR manual in there. I don’t subscribe to the VFR manual any more and I don’t have any problem flying to any airfield in Sweden.

Also, AIP AD 1.1 contains some info, although is it not as detailed.

Last Edited by Dimme at 25 Aug 19:11
ESME, ESMS

Airborne_Again wrote:

As I’ve said, there is no VFR AIP in Sweden.

This is wrong, there is certainly a VFR AIP in Sweden, but not all the fields have VACs (usually uncontrolled ones). Sweden is definitely not like in Germany that you have to pay for the VFR AIP.

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message