Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Barcelona Area - Sabadell (El Prat LEBL, or Sabadell LELL) or Girona LEGE

Here’s the report for Barcelona on the EuroGA website.

I’ll be writing a trip report in the next few weeks whilst it’s fresh, but I’d highly recommend using Girona for Barcelona if going IFR. There is a train service that runs every 30 minutes on weekends, every 10-15 on weekdays from Girona Airport and connecting to Barcelona. This is extremely cheap, and somewhere in the region of 15EUR return. We stayed in Santa Sussana at one of the 4*+ Aqua hotels and the station was right opposite, and did a day trip into Barcelona for 11EUR return.

https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=1009

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

A question to the Spain connoisseurs here:
I´m planning to go to LEAP (Empuriabrava, Spain) next but one week. Who knows if it would:

a) better to AVGAS refuel in Perpignan and
b) where to get the current approach sheet for LEAP ?

and: if someone knows any other non aerael obstacles that could help me for this first trip there.

Our airport Database isn´t very current at the moment – I would like to update this after my trip, too.

Best regards,
Chris

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

I did this trip a few years ago. We stopped at Perpignan basically due weather but refuelled here. It used to be very relaxed but I read recently it can be a bit of an issue with security?

LEAP gets pretty busy with the skydivers and would plan to be there early morning, it seems to busy up around late to mid afternoon. Perhaps some of the local guys will chip in. You should be able to get a current sheet from the club website

The morning we went to LEAP the cloud and mist leant to scudrunning around the coast and made for a pretty easy approach into LEAP. Enjoy

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

There is no official VAC for Spanish uncontrolled fields like LEAP. Jepp has one, and I have just mailed it to you.

You coordinate via radio with the very active jumper aircraft.

The guy in the hut doesn’t speak any English, but one gets along.

Fuel is definitely less expensive in France.

Fues (landing and parking) are a little or the expensive side, but in the end, it is worth it.

Here is a little (low-res) video of the approach and landing:

Last Edited by boscomantico at 07 May 10:55
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Lot of txs @boscomantico and @BeechBaby, any further informations thank you in advance!

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

Here’s a semi-official “updated” LEAP chart with some useful info (currently some 6YO)

Last Edited by Antonio at 08 May 12:10
Antonio
LESB, Spain

And this is the main operator at LEAP

with some inspiring front page picture

Last Edited by Antonio at 08 May 12:12
Antonio
LESB, Spain
87 Posts
Sign in to add your message