Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Sardinia - tips?

GA_Pete wrote:

I need to get out more

Gogogo :)

EBMO, EBKT

Predator wrote:

Tortolì-Arbatax ex airport: the runway ends directly on the beach! But it’s not allowed to GA right now, only ultralights.
https://goo.gl/maps/uFsNEydwzYQuxaFN8
Ask Aerclub Ogliastra for more info and permission.

Hi @Predator ! Do you have a contact for Aerclub Ogliastra?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Hi @Antonio you should look for AvioClub Ogliastra on Facebook and send them a text, but be careful, if you have a Cessna C210 you can’t go right now because it’s not certified yet, they are working on it.

Portugal

Predator wrote:

Hi @Antonio you should look for AvioClub Ogliastra on Facebook and send them a text, but be careful, if you have a Cessna C210 you can’t go right now because it’s not certified yet, they are working on it.

Correct, I contacted them via Facebook and they replied almost instantly. Very welcoming and friendly, but only open to ultralights!

My friend took this picture last week:

Last Edited by jvdo at 10 Sep 13:47
EBMO, EBKT

A friend of mine lives in Arbatax next door to the airfield…also Cagliari is so expensive and inconvenient to visit (2hr drive)

I thought Italian regulation, similar to Spanish, was not very specific as to the distinction between UL and Part 23 when it comes to aviosuperfici and non-approved airports…not the case?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

No.

Your best alternative would be the aviosuperfici of Dorgali (north) or Aliquirra (south).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

jvdo wrote:

Correct, I contacted them via Facebook and they replied almost instantly. Very welcoming and friendly, but only open to ultralights!

Re Tortoli, what a beautiful spot and airfield to be limited to ULMs! I was there in a PA28 in 1989 and have been wanting to go back ever since. It even had an IAP. It closed before I made it, but I haven’t given up hope!

LSZK, Switzerland
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message