Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Honeymoon trip in August of 2022

Nice trip report

Or is your WT9 as LSA registered in Austria?

LSA situation is way more bonker than Microlights or other permits (homebuilts, amateur), the CS23-LSA is not ICAO standard and since Brexit “CS23-LSA” was incorporated in UK ANO but it’s still not clear if mutually recognised CAA/EASA (a bit like “LAPL situation” really, can you fly in UK with Austro LAPL? or fly in Austria with CAA LAPL?), I did ask DGAC advise for friend G-reg PS28 LSA that we took on bimble around Normandie weeks ago and they say “it’s fine”

For permits to fly in UK one need to email or check with [email protected] or check if they are under general exemptions, see Part5 here (ECAC homebuilts & French registered permits don’t need anything)

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP747_Issue_4_Amend_01%20(25JUN21).pdf

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 17:56
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@ASW22 thanks for the tip on Topmeteo, I shall certainly give it a try. From your report it really seems very useful.

France

@boscomantico and frans

We still had some days open from the 28 days exemption from an earlier trip to the UK from one of the other owners.
As I understand it one can use up the 28 days within 12 months in any number of increments.

Austria

@gallois

It is a very comprehensive subscription meteo-service targeted at glider pilots. The app is just a nice add-on.

Austria

First, congrats on your marriage and even more so with a woman who enjoys flying. Second, thanks for a great report. Indeed the RG WT9 is quite a traveller!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Very cool, interesting to see what can be done with a WT9. And congrats, of course!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

What an amazing trip, ASW22

You are extremely lucky (or maybe it was a choice? ) to have a wife who likes flying!

Really amazing photos and a trip you will remember for the rest of your life.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Congratulations for your wedding ! May it last forever and when things get tough, fight for it !
Making happen such a trip takes a lot and you two seem to fit well together.

What an amazing trip it must have been.
Thanks a lot for sharing it, with beautiful pics and details about ground transportation. They are very helpful.

You also comfort me thinking that a real flying trip takes more than 5-7 days if you want to see different areas and take time doing so.

I too am a bit surprised how easily you crossed borders in a UL. Thanks for the explanation, it makes us look at ULs with more interest.

LFOU, France

Actually, for a microlight,

• Denmark requires a permit (very easy to get and FOC, AFAIK)
  • Norway requires a permit (at a cost)
  • Belgium requires a permit (at a cost)
  • France requires a permit only if the microlight MTOW is over 525kgs (at a cost)
  • and the UK as well (at a cost)

By contrast, in the south and east of Europe, most countries allow foreign microlights with any such formalities

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

UL privileges

There is a similar (but different) matrix for Annex 1.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message