Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Reutte-Höfen (LOIR) in Austria - recommendation!

I have absolutely no idea. My guess is it is approved by the governor (Land Tirol). I also found this https://www.meinbezirk.at/reutte/c-lokales/asphaltpiste-in-hoefen-kommt_a1815244

How Jeppesen obtains the data would indeed be interesting.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Skydemon offers the Roger Data approach and aerodrome charts against a subscription fee for all public and private Austrian aerodromes. The VAC from Roger Data contain these VRP and routes too, including for LOIR. As far as I can see, the altitudes mentioned by Rogers Data are identical with those on the Jeppesen VAC, which is published as download on the LOIR homepage.

As most private Austrian aerodromes publish their VAC on their homepage, and Skydemon includes the traffic pattern by default, I consider canceling the Rogers Data subscription. It doesn’t add so much more information.

Last Edited by Frans at 13 Mar 08:08
Switzerland

But the question remains: what information source do all these third parties take this route and waypoint information from?

Another identical example is LOAB. They also have some waypoints and routes shown in Skydemon and Jeppesen. And likewise, they just put the Jeppesen chart on their website.

Is there some kind of obscure but official Austrian VFR airfield information publication that I am missing??? But then, these waypoints and routes don’t show on the Austrian ICAO chart either…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 13 Mar 08:34
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This is a regular challenge in doing flight planning products.

You start with “official data” but if you want good VFR coverage, and farm strip coverage, you get progressively deeper into data which nobody maintains, which contains a load of errors, which get removed only if you get feedback, and you will get feedback only according to where people fly and how willing they are to report issues to a product seen as based in a “foreign country”.

For example on the EuroGA airport database most of the data was easy, but increasingly you get into deeper layers like thousands of strips in the Italian “Aviosuperficie” stuff, which we didn’t implement for a number of reasons. Likewise we didn’t implement the Lockyears flying strip guide especially as half the people in there don’t want their strips to be published

SD charges money for their product and they have a guy or two sitting there sifting through all kinds of data sources.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They also have some waypoints and routes shown in Skydemon

At least in UK & France, it seems SkyDemon is getting their info on noise abatement, waypoints and circuits by parsing the info from private airfields websites (e.g. see North Weald)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Sure, but the UK is home turf for Skydemon and absolutely critical for them.

How does it work in the case of LOIR? The airfield just invents these procedures according to their needs, without any involvement of Austrocontrol? Or IS Austrocontrol involved, but then washes its hands of it and doesn’t publish it?

And the airfield then sends the info, one by one, to everybody who is in the business of producing charts/flightplanning apps (Jepp, Skydemon, RogersData, etc.)? Hardly believable. Or do they send it only to Jeppesen and then everybody just blindly copies it from Jeppesen? Hardly believable in the case of Skydemon, at least.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I know SkyDemon go after any private data, usually it’s airfields who invent these with no NAA involvement…for Jepps no idea, what is the date on the Jepps VFR plate you posted? maybe this was an AIP airfield with plates published by AustroControl before it went “unlincenced/private”?

Hopefully, they are not calling the airfield manager by phone to fill-up these

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Mar 11:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

How does it work in the case of LOIR? The airfield just invents these procedures according to their needs, without any involvement of Austrocontrol? Or IS Austrocontrol involved, but then washes its hands of it and doesn’t publish it?

Probably a combination of approval from the governor („Landesregierung“) and Austro Control. You could try to email them info austrocontrol dot at

always learning
LO__, Austria

I was eyeing up Reutte-Hofen as a potential stop on the way to Italy, but their website now says:

“Landungen für nicht ansässige Piloten, sind derzeit nicht möglich. Wir arbeiten an einer Lösung die wir hier verlautbaren werden.”
→ “Landings for non-resident pilots are currently not possible. We are working on a solution which we will announce here.”

:(

EGSG, United Kingdom

From the Rogers Data site….

PPL exams with Rogers Data VFR ICAO charts
PPL theory exams take place using Rogers Data VFR ICAO charts. Since 2021, only Rogers Data VFR map sections have been used in the subjects “Navigation” and “Flight Planning” of the Aircademy’s ECQB-PPL questionnaire.
The following aviation authorities are currently using the ECQB-PPL questionnaire: Austria, Germany (Berlin-Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, North Rhine-Westphalia, Saxony-Anhalt, Saarland, Schleswig-Holstein, Thuringia), Hungary, Belgium , Malta , Romania , Slovenia, the Czech Republic and Luxembourg

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message