Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA to the Lofoten islands ...and then some!

LeSving wrote:

I don’t know what will happen to it [the F-104] when the military is gone.

Perhaps they’ll move it to Evenes?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Airborne_Again wrote:

That’s the usual situation in Scandinavia

Lucky you!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

LeSving wrote:

With these remote towers one man can “control” several airports. You can get a “man in the tower” whenever you want (more or less).

Thanks for explaining, makes sense.

LeSving wrote:

rather small “towers”.

Can you post a pic of what you are referring to?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

dublinpilot wrote:

fitting a lot more people into that 210

Nice way of looking at it! I wonder about the legality of the situation from the POH limitations POV…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

When the ejection seat issue is sorted out, the Starfighter will fly again :) Pretty impressive work they have done to restore it into flying condition.

Next time, be sure to visit us at ENKJ (Kjeller)! We have a rather decent collection of (flyable) vintage aircraft here at Europes oldest airport still in use (since 1912). Lots of different Moths, Jungmanns, Harvard, Cornell, Chipmunk, all kinds of Piper Cubs, Interstate Cadet, SAAB Safirs and many more! Most are available for us pilots to fly ourselves for decent prices. And we have a Starfighter as well, but it’s not airworthy unfortunately.

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

UdoR wrote:

thought that the C210 was consuming more fuel. That’s really good for the speed delivery!

Ah, the virtues of high-altitude LOP flight. The Comanche 260 should be in a similar league at FL200

Antonio
LESB, Spain

ErlendV wrote:

be sure to visit us at ENKJ (Kjeller)

Nice! I hope to have a chance next time. On this trip, however, weather was not very welcoming every time I got close to Kjeller:

ENGM 300750Z VRB02KT 3700 SHRA BR FEW003 BKN005 14/13 Q1000 TEMPO 2500 SHRA BR BKN004 SCT020CB=

Antonio
LESB, Spain

ErlendV wrote:

the Starfighter will fly again :)

Great! It is the sleekest Cold War fighter!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@Antonio I won’t make a thread drift here 😉 but it’s definitely more convenient @FL200 in your plane.. in particular with kids

Germany

Antonio wrote:

Can you post a pic of what you are referring to?

I have never taken a picture of a tower, but I think you have In the fourth picture from the bottom in your last post with pictures. There’s a small chimney like structure just to the right of the mountains (not the domed structure). They look like concrete chimneys, probably around 2 m diameter, but there are some differences. The one at Røros has larger diameter at the bottom, and is fairly high.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message