Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Eclipse 2023, southwestern US

Wow @Caba ! What a trip! I am glad you could do it with family.

You even managed to schedule a US-mini-EuroGA-meetup and involuntarily skip another one!

What photo equipment were you using?

Also, pertinent to this thread, it seems the 172 you were flying was using an AV-30 as a back-up to two G5’s?

Last Edited by Antonio at 25 Oct 14:40
Antonio
LESB, Spain

@Antonio, yes, we had an AV-30 as a back-up, the airplane is all electric. My pictures were all taken by my 3-year-old iPhone 12 Pro Max, my electronic multi-tool.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Brings back memories as well for me.
Did my training in Falcon Field KFFZ so i’ve visited most of those places in AZ.

EBZW, Belgium

What a totally amazing trip. Thank you for posting it. Very much my favourite bit of the US if going for a short trip only.

And with a really good purpose.

I did it in the 1980s, bringing back 20-30 rolls of film each time

I also did my FAA IR in Arizona, near Phoenix, but it was all under the hood so saw very little.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for this fantastic report and congrats to your great trip!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Wonderful write-up, thanks so much!

For anyone considering this (and you should!!) some rental operations have Sedona (and Catalina Is.) ‘out of bounds’ claiming insurance reasons. They’d do the same for Marble Canyon if they’d ever heard of it!

There’s a plaque at Lake Havasu clarifying that McCullough absolutely did not think that he was getting Tower Bridge when he bought London Bridge.

I’ve not been back since Covid and your post makes me feel quite (very) homesick! Thanks again.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message