Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY April 17-20 2024

Posted on a German site (google translate):

Personal data such as passwords, user names, passenger names from aero-slot.de are visible to everyone thanks to a configuration error in the underlying shop. We – Tobi K. and I – tried to reach the airport and the operator, without success. I can only advise against logging in and if the password is used elsewhere, change it there (not at aero-slot.de)!

Update: The problem was resolved after the shop was briefly offline. I can still recommend changing the passwords if they are used elsewhere!

From our telegram group:

Apparently there has been a data leak at the AERO slot site whereby the data entered on the site, including user name and password, website session data, booked slots, passenger slots etc were accessible to everyone

More nice work from the Aerops web design experts

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

More nice work from the Aerops web design experts.

Every year I think they’ve reached their peak but then they surprise me bringing stuff to a new level.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They don’t hash the passwords!?!?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

More nice work from the Aerops web design experts

How exactly do you know that the AeroPS guys are responsible for the booking application this year?

Germany

Do you know otherwise?

After past years’ debacles the whole project needed an overhaul but this evidently has not been done. The same really basic cockups.

This (google translate) was posted on a German domestic site. It contains an interesting snippet re more slots at show day minus 2 weeks.

I just had a really great and informative conversation with Mr. Brezel from Aero Friedrichshafen. Also the data leak, something was adjusted and tested online and the “debug mode” was still there. It is also, as we have now suspected, it is the authorities who limit the movements. A comparison with Oshkosh, where there was an air crash last year, shows how the USA deals with it, “there may be some waste”, but I don’t want to imagine if an air crash were to happen at Aero. The German authorities would clearly “turn it up” and limit things even more. What was/is interesting for us is that they have around 400 movements per trade fair day (arrivals/departures) throughout the whole day, which also includes the flight movements of the exhibitors. And if you don’t have a slot yet, there will be another small contingent of slots about two weeks before the trade fair. If necessary, one or the other can “get hold of” one.

Currently it appears there are almost no departure slots on Saturday. Apparently there is a brief air show there Saturday, April 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m but this has led to most Saturday slots disappearing.

Currently we have 19 people in the telegram group, which should produce a nice group for the Friday 7pm dinner

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Do you know otherwise?

I just called Daniel from AeroPS and yes, they are not involved in the slot booking application this year.

Edit: Daniel just posted a statement below!

Last Edited by Thomas_R at 26 Mar 13:48
Germany

Hello everyone,

aerops (aeroPS GmbH) has nothing to do with the SLOT system at AERO Friedrichshafen this year.

As far as I know, the system was developed by a software agency from Friedrichshafen.

I kindly ask you not to put the blame on aerops.

Thank you.

Best regards
Daniel Steinhauß (Founder & CEO aeroPS GmbH)

Germany

Thank you for pointing this out, and welcome to EuroGA, and we look forward to lots more contributions

I would suggest contacting the Aero organisers etc because it was them who heavily advertised the connection in past years.

So only this year the job went to a new contractor? They ought to go on an HTML course. A google shows lots of them in Germany

nothing to do with the SLOT system at AERO Friedrichshafen this year. [my bold ]

Administrator

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for welcoming me here I hadn’t actually heard of your forum before.
I don’t think we’ll be doing a slot system in the future either. There is a saying in German “Schuster bleib bei Deinen Sohlen” – “Stick to your knitting” ?

As you already said, there should be many German agencies Or perhaps we should work on the German bureaucracy and simply abolish this madness with booth slots at a trade fair? After all, it somehow works in Oshkosh.

Regards
Daniel

Germany

SR20_1989 wrote:

somehow works in Oshkosh

I sure don’t like picking on Oshkosh, but that certainly ain’t as good a reference as many are lead to believe, and no, it does not really work. Proof are the many times airplanes have been holding for a couple of hours only to be told to divert since it was now closing time… as for the rest… yes, I wrote about the Oshkosh myth a couple of times already (you’re repeating yourself my dear , yes sweety ), but having 3 runways at disposal and using all but a rigid single approach lane with some kind of converging dual altitudes and speed constraints, and “forcing” airplanes to land into quartering tailwinds is not my idea of efficiency nor safety…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message