Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Granada, Spain

Hello All,

Planing a trip to Granada next weekend from Portugal and can’t find a lot of info on the best airport to visit the town. I see the main airport, a military one that seems closer but no info if GA is allowed and a small landing strip a bit more far from the city.

Any local advice?

Thanks,

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

This may be useful.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LEGR has all contacts in AIP – the easiest way is to send email to “granada (at) generalaviation (dot) es” and check with them. I was there years ago and it was super-friendly and cheap airport but I don’t know if anything changes. Regarding LEGA (military) and LEJE (small one) I don’t have any idea.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks guys

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

I‘ve described LEJE in here. It is still open, many recent positive reviews in SD.

Last Edited by terbang at 29 Mar 17:29
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

I‘ve described LEJE in here. It is still open, many recent positive reviews in SD.

I just finished reading it. Thank you. The only thing that is not clear to me is the handling agent. It says that if you are coming from a control airport, there is no need for a handling agent but others say you do.

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

You mean at LEGR, don’t you? It’s a while that I‘ve been there and handling was not required when coming from a ‚controlled‘ airfield. This changed with COVID, I‘m not sure about the current situation.

At LEJE there is no handling 🤣

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

At LEJE there is no handling 🤣

With a new prop on my Mooney…not sure I want to land there 🤣

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

LEGR used to be incredibly cheap to land and park; so cheap that people just left their planes to rot there (Spain was full of abandoned planes years back). When I last flew there, there were just two airworthy planes parked there: mine, and a Partenavia used for sightseeing. Then the price went up and I would expect the wreckage was cleared out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wingover wrote:

With a new prop on my Mooney…not sure I want to land there 🤣

😀 It’s not that bad. It’s gravel (tierra compactada), but really smooth.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message