Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Center of France: Advice on GA Friendly airfield to spend one night

Hi!
In some weeks I am flying in a SR22 from Madrid (LEMT) to Karlovy Vary (LKKV). It’s a long flight and I plan to stop in France. Looks like I will be departing Thursday 9th afternoon, stop for the night, and resume my trip Friday early morning to get to LKKV around noon.
Any advice on where to do this stop? Ideally, should be a GA friendly airfield wiht a nearby nice hotel… (nothing extremelly fancy required here).

The ideal location would be around Roanne (LFLO)… as that is aprox mid distance.

Thanks for any insights!
Ignacio

Visit my aviation channel!
https://youtube.com/@IGGYsWorld

LEMT, Spain

Assuming that you do not mind grass:
LFGZ Nuits Saint Georges.
Typical French countryside airfield. No one there, just blind calls.
In the short final of RWY 29 you have the hotel Chateau de Berchere (5 min walk). Tradititional place with classic rooms.
No opening times, you come and go as the daylight allows… but caution after heavy rain.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 20 Apr 17:22
EDM_, Germany

I guess you would want English-speaking ATS. In that case, there is not that much in that area. Roanne is generally FR-only. St. Yan is non-ATS / FR-only on weekends, plus it is in the middle of nowhere, with very little infrastructure around.

Your best option is probably Lyon Bron. There are Kyriad and Campanile hotels in walkable distance.

A bit further north, Chalon is a smaller place, and it has Cit‘Hotel and Kyriad in walkable distance. But the airport has ATS (AFIS) only Wed-Sun, so Mon and Tue are A/A in French.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Apr 05:17
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

+1 for Bron LFLY. I use it as a fuel stop too.

LPFR, Poland

Annecy LFLP, Chambery LFLB, Dijon LFSD, Dole LFGJ.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for all the info! :-)

@Boscomantico Chalon you mean Chalon’s/Vatry airport (LFOK)?

P.D: I prefer no grass for this flight this time… also, I speak french so though I don’t have the aeronautical certificate listening to A/A in French is not a problem. Also, I’d like the airport to have a hotel in walking distance… looks liek LFLY is a good option. I have been to Annecy a couple of times but no hotel nearby (as far as I know).

LEMT, Spain

No Chalon-sur-Saone, LFLH. Also a nice little city by the way, but I understand it is more just a nightstop for you.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

From a quick look at Google maps, St Etienne LFMH fits your criteria.

LFOU, France

Look at the EuroGA airport database. It has a map feature and you can see which airports have a report there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LFQB Troyes has the Golden Tulip Hotel at walking distance.

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message