Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFPT Pontoise

Current NOTAM for LFPT:

REF: B3607/12 From: 2012-Aug-07 Tue 08:10 To: 2012-Dec-31 Mon 23:59 ICAO: LFPT PONTOISE CORMEILLES EN VEXIN
REF AD2 LFPT TXT 02 : O9 - CUSTOMS : READ '' NIL '' INSTEAD OF ''TUE-SAT : PN 24HR TEL 01 47 98 20 - FAX 01 47 98 62 99''

NO Customs....

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, spotted that last night too. An extra hour of facing and landing fee just to go to Le Touquet for customs :(

As for the SIDs and STARs, Jepp notes omnidirectional departures on the plates in Jepp FD which is what I use, but does not display the Le Bourget SIDs under LFPT. All the STARs are listed under the Pontoise entry in JeppFD though.

Weirdly, looking for a routing that would validate back to EGKB, Via OPALE, which I have been told in the past was the accepted routing, was rejected, but filing via MTD worked (at Fl100).

London area

From FPP, for 10am tomorrow

LFPT DCT OPALE J20 ABB T22 SOVAT DCT EGKB FL140
LFPT DCT MTD B24 BNE N57 DET DCT EGKB FL100

Administrator

Ta - I can't take above FL100 though due to lack of Oxygen and performance - 180hp AA5.

The best I could figure out at FL100 was MTD N57 ABB T22 SOVAT DCT EGKB - the STAR for Biggin starts at SOVAT, not that one has a hope in hell of actually flying it...

London area

Ta - I can't take above FL100 though due to lack of Oxygen and performance - 180hp AA5.

You certainly can do higher than FL100 without oxygen (both legally and physically) and the POH of your AA5 should give you more than FL100. Once airborne you can request something lower due to whatever reason

FL100 is in a bit of no mans land going from France to the UK.

If you are still speaking to Paris Control by the time you approach the coast, you should get a handover to London Control, which is OK.

If however you have been handed to Lille or whatever, you will probably get a handover to "London 124.6" which, being a true born Brit you will realise is an eviction from controlled airspace, so you have to drop down and hack back at low level.

FL120 is more decisive - it places you in Class D and you will get Paris Control all the way up. It used to be absolute (IME) but recently I have managed to stay with them at FL100 too.

Something to do with ATC letters of agreement, I suspect. It's an old chestnut.

Administrator

The Worthing CTA starts at FL75 while Airway Y8 and T420 starts at FL95. Therefore a handover from Paris Control to London Control at FL100 sounds reasonable.

So what is all that space between FL80-FL100 used for?

People like me asking to descend to maintain VMC at this time of year ;)

London area

Any recent experiences ?

Thinking of going tomorrow…via Le Harve to clear customs : immigration from the UK

Thanks. Alex.

Last Edited by Alex_ at 03 Oct 16:38
Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Well, nothing changed recently.
Either you park at the GA apron next to the tower, or you go the handler called Ameridair. Their number is in the Notams.
For Avgas, there are Total fuel pumps for which you can pay at the club (I can check that tomorrow) for 2,11€/l.
The club can call you a taxi if needed. No usable public transportation.
Fees are send by mail to your home (months later). Landing is about 16€, parking I don’t know but cheap.

I won’t be able to give you a ride tomorrow, sorry.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message