Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sicily - Palermo LICP - EuroGA 4-5 Sep 2021 fly-in

Hi guys,
I work in Comiso LICB as air traffic controller.
Unfortunately there is no Avgas fuel onsite but we welcomed other air rallies in the past since the GA parking area is quite large.
I would recommend to add Pantelleria LICG to your trip.Wonderful island. They have Avgas (a bit expensive) but totally worth the trip.
I would also personally avoid Malta Luqa for the refuelling since you must use handling (even for the fuel stop) and they are very expensive.
As you already suggested, Boccadifalco LICP is a good choice for refuelling.

Let me know if you need help with emails and translations.
Enjoy the trip!

Marco Frosio

Last Edited by Mark0505 at 13 Jun 16:52
LILV, Italy

Marco, thanks for you offer. I was at LICB 5 years ago and it was great experience – easy, totally hassle free and not expensive. Landed, refuelled, cleared immigration and picked up rental car in literarily 30 minutes. Luckily I needed Jet-A1, so it was easy for me.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What a fantastic bonus for EuroGA to have ATC guys like Marco, getting involved.
Good job.

United Kingdom

Pleasure guys!
Let me know if I can help.

Marco

LILV, Italy

This is great – thank you Mark0505!

Having local help makes a huge difference!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi to all ! I live in the north of ITALY, LILR Cremona airfield.

Next week I will fly from LILR to Catania LICC with my I-MAXT PA28 Turbo Arrow IV.
4 years ago I was been in Palermo and landend at Bocca di Falco with no stop for refuel.
Now I am looking for the weather for evalutate one single track or refuel in the middle of Italy.
It’s not easy to find 100LL.
Foggia is closed due working to runway and Pontecagnano too (Salerno)
I am waiting for answer form Scalea for refuel there.
At the moment volcan ETNA is making ask and I must be prepared for divert to Comiso in case it will be closed.
Comiso is 40 min from Catania south bound.
Perhaps I will refuel to Roma Urbe.
On this sunday I will decide what I will do, looking overall for the weather.
There are a lot of TSRA in this period

Cremona, Italy LILR, Italy

Hi guys.
As you know South Italy is a nightmare about 100LL.
There is a company able to delivery fuel anywhere in Italy with accetable cost.
I’m a member of a whatsup pilot group in Italy, some members reporting to have local friends in Palermo area able to help.
It would be nice to be part of this european meeting….

We are available for any help and/or reading for meeting developments!

Cheers
Diego

LILE, Italy

The important thing is for everyone interested to

• put the dates in their diary
  • tell me that they are interested so I can start compiling a list of potential arrivals (name, aircraft, reg, POB – names or reg won’t be made public)

Firstly the airport is likely to want that list and secondly most people won’t come to a fly-in unless they see a good number of others coming

We also need suggestions on any details. The airport is currently set to be Bocca di Falco LICP which is said to have avgas

If you zoom in on the above URL image and select Microsoft map, you see that it has a decent hard runway

Not having avgas would be a big problem; we had that with Corsica in 2014 when the fuellers were on strike.

LICP AIP
LICP aerodrome chart

I see the AIP says “no fuel” so this needs to be sorted out otherwise we will have a problem. Does anyone have a contact at the aeroclub and can check this out? We can expect 10-20 aircraft and say 200 litres each.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I live in Eastern Sicily (Catania) and would be glad to help out if I can.

Last Edited by FL300 at 18 Jun 08:04
Catania, Italy

FL300 wrote:

I live in Eastern Sicily (Catania) and would be glad to help out if I can.

Please check whether both 100LL and Jet-A1 can be obtained at LICP. If Jet-A1 is not available, I have Trapani LICT and Punta Raisi LICJ as alternates.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message