Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sicily - Palermo LICP - EuroGA 4-5 Sep 2021 fly-in

I have this from a local contact:

• 100LL is 3.00€ today, they don’t expect any change but is a guess!
  • Jet A1 Not available
  • Mogas, not available at the field but available at gas station in front of the airport, portable tanks and funnel are available.

Aeroclub Palermo, is a kind of “handler” for the airport, they are closed from 9th until 29th August. I got a mobile phone number and a e-mail to be used in case we need to communicate with Palermo Aeroclub.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Fly-in Telegram group joining link https://t.me/joinchat/mxv3QO4yTXowMGE0

Administrator

UK pilots will need a plan in case Italy’s current position (mandatory quarantine in Italy for all Brits until “at least end of August”) remains current for the fly-in. I would solve this by hanging out in Croatia for a few days on the way down to Italy.

Currently we are at 12 aircraft and 26 people.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

UK pilots will need a plan in case Italy’s current position (mandatory quarantine in Italy for all Brits until “at least end of August”) remains current for the fly-in. I would solve this by hanging out in Croatia for a few days on the way down to Italy.

Currently we are at 12 aircraft and 26 people.

I’m hoping the position will change before September, because I wouldn’t be able to afford the extra time of adding a few days in Croatia before Italy. I’ve got a new baby at home and getting a pass for 5 days away from home has already been hard work :-)

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Yes I would expect all Brits to drop out if this continues… a horrible and totally pointless situation.

If the Italian ban on Brits is still there for the fly-in, I will do a trip to Greece with Justine before Italy. Probably Kithira, which is a lovely scenic island which can be done Dubrovnik – Kithira – Palermo (it has no fuel but is a port of entry) and there are other options, within the usual Greek GA planning constraints. We were going to Greece after Italy, but this will solve the issue well.

15 aircraft, 32 POB now 6 of them are UK.

Administrator

The destination does have some challenges in progress. The fires out of control, Etna spitting every now and then and covid incidence raising. Will be interesting what’s changed in four weeks…

Germany

The destination does have some challenges in progress. The fires out of control, Etna spitting every now and then and covid incidence raising. Will be interesting what’s changed in four weeks…

We’re coming back to your previous post

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

We’re coming back to your previous post

But updated by epic fire and pandemic desease. If that’s not a culmination of threats, then what’s missing?

Germany

Etna went back to sleep a month ago and the fires were really exaggerated (as the media loves to do)

Catania, Italy

I hope for some rain there in following weeks and cooling down a bit, since the temperatures are so high these days that it isn’t much pleasure to be outside

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message