Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to find the mandatory handling mandate

Hello i am Turkish pilot and member of Istanbul Aviation Club my name is. Ferhat Tigrel
There are two Airports in Istanbul
LTBA is closed to general aviation .You can use. LTFJ Sabiha Gokcen airport.
Please inform me from which country are you planning to enter Turkey and your destination in Turkey
So I will send more information about your flight

Hi Duman,

I had contact with LTBA and GA/VFR was approved for september, but I am still not sure what airport best to take.

For LTFJ, I had contact with HÄ°lmi, also a club member I think.

I am entering Turkey from Greece (probably from Tessaloniki- or another one with the correct facilities, I have to look up the other options) – I think that is the easiest (otherwise is Bulgaria an option, but I prefer Greece).

My destination in Turkey is really Istanbul, the city itself. (I have to be there 3 days in september and I have 1.5 day to fly back to Belgium (with an option to 3.5 days – but that’s not sure yet) – So I don’t want to waste time to travel half a day to an other airport far away. I will take a parkingstand for 3 or 4 days.

The plane will be a small Mooney M20J.

I will appreciate your help with this situation.

Last Edited by Vieke at 13 Jul 22:58
Vie
EBAW/EBZW

@Duman : Gunaydin ,you know me from Kavala+Edremit ! Is there any particular reason why Turkish airports still charge enormous sums for handling ? Is it an indirect way to repel GA ? Because ,to call you and help me around does not solve the issue.

LGGG

And I have met both of you two at LGKV and LTBH (2009 or so)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message