Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sometimes it just isn't your day....

So after work delays cause a flight to Zurich to be delayed, then a Eurocontrol slot adds 20 minutes to your departure, it really is adding insult to injury that you miss the 2200LT night restriction by approx 2 minutes and they won’t let you land (without prosecution!).

Presently enjoying beer and pizza at the Ibis in EDNY…..Very pleasant all things considered.

EGTK Oxford

Edny is actually a very good field

Yes, but not when you have an 0745 breakfast meeting in Zurich!

EGTK Oxford

Night ban is sacrosanct in ZRH unfortunately. I’ve seen them bring back a 500 pax 747 from the runway (he was lined up already) at 22:01. Been a few years, nowadays they stop the show much earlier. Yet, they get prosecuted by the anti noise people for each time they close an eye or call a close shot so they stopped doing that a long time ago.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Reminds me of the time I couldn’t find any food I liked in an area of Frankfurt, and the best I could find was a pizza at the local Ibis hotel. Not only was it very poor, the duty manager was very much like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror, and his two female ‘assistants’ / bar staff were quite odd too and I wondered how the night would ensue had I been a ‘guest’ at that hotel. Luckily I was staying at a different hotel and didn’t get time-warped anywhere and was ‘beamed’ home courtesy of Lufthansa :-)

ight ban is sacrosanct in ZRH unfortunately. I’ve seen them bring back a 500 pax 747 from the runway (he was lined up already) at 22:01. Been a few years, nowadays they stop the show much earlier.

Surprised though they don’t have flex when Eurocontrol cause the delay. At least EDNY is close and the tower there was helpful. Been a while since I have had the “what are your intentions” call. Will be a short flight back tomorrow morning.

EGTK Oxford

Jason,

when are you landing? I finish my shift at 0645 and am driving via the GAC on the way out :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

About 0645 local. Was going to Execujet but waiting for them to sort out a slot. Will be tight in the morning. I always thought I needed handling there but your post makes me wonder. Can non-based aircraft self-handle?

Last Edited by JasonC at 16 Mar 23:48
EGTK Oxford

Now you have a real business case for that faster aircraft

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian, ha you are right.

Very nice to meet Mooney Driver this morning. Sorry I had to run to breakfast.

EGTK Oxford
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message