Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Berlin

Hi all, Returned back to ESSV from EDDB last night so I thought I'll give a short review of the trip and again, thanks for the info on the slot requirement.

In from Visby on Tuesdag afternoon was good and we were greeted with the same old weather that we are used to this time of year, w 350/13-22 and vis 2000 m in snow, scattered at 1300 ft, reading from my notes. We felt right at home! :-)

Handling at the GAT was very good and friendly. Total cost for the handling was € 32,73 and airport fee € 98,41, this in a DA42.

Take off yesterday afternoon was also good and after departure we were vectored north and got a lot of short cuts. All in all a very good experience.

Best regards / Matthew

ESSP, Sweden

No I meant calling the people in Frankfurt (at least i thought they were in Frankfurt) about Berlin/Dusseldorf.

Ah, OK. The slot coordinators. They are actually at Langen, which is very close to Frankfurt. Regarding the airport slots of the "coordinated airports" (the criterium for being coordinated is the number of movements per day per runway, therefore many single-runway international airports like Stuttgart require airport slots), the (unofficial!) information is, that all that is actually checked is that you have a slot. By how far you miss that slot is only recorded for statistical reasons, but there are no consequences yet. According to some (again: unofficial...) sources, the company I work for has the worst slot compliance statistics of all operators based at Stuttgart :-) (owed to the fact that we fly business charter and not scheduled stuff)

EDDS - Stuttgart

No I meant calling the people in Frankfurt (at least i thought they were in Frankfurt) about Berlin/Dusseldorf.

EGTK Oxford

No problem. I only mention it as when I called the people in Frankfurt about a slot they told me you must be there on time. Which of course is not correct.

Unfortunatly, they are correct! Frankfurt and Munich (the only airports in Germany so far AFAIK) have a different slot system from the others. Called "CDM", see here for Frankfurt:

EDDS - Stuttgart

No problem. I only mention it as when I called the people in Frankfurt about a slot they told me you must be there on time. Which of course is not correct.

EGTK Oxford

ATC delays "overrule" airport slots. So, no problem.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Jason, yes thanks, I'm aware of that. Use both RocketRoute and FMaster for flightplanning and very rarely my Actual Time of Arrival vary with more than a couple of minutes from ETA, excluding delays caused by i.e. ATC. ????

Best regards Matthew

ESSP, Sweden

Matthew, just remember you have +-30mins on the slot time.

EGTK Oxford

Achimha, thanks for the the help you provided. Today I called AIS and got the SLOT-code for the planned flight ESSV-EDDB next week. Super friendly they were!

I'll give you an update next weekend

Best regards Matthew

ESSP, Sweden

Regardless, now at Manchester and Berlin, I have not found the slot system too annoying. These are major airports and I accept that if you want to play there you have to fit in.

Now receiving a flt plan landing time does not match slot message from Frankfurt, when it did - that was annoying - in particular the threat of a €50,000 fine.

EGTK Oxford
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message