Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up in Sweden, Malmo ESMS

If 799m asphalt is ok and if it is VMC I suggest ESME. I land there as an alternative to ESMS. 20 minutes by car to Lund. 30 to Malmö.
Very nice airfield. 25 min walking distance to train station in the city.

Last Edited by Jonas at 14 Jun 21:27
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

You could also do a stop in Germany half way, do customs/immigration and then continue to Sweden. Landing fees there might be cheaper and easier and nice with a stop half way. Then you can continue to ESME which is the closest airport to Lund.

Last Edited by Fly310 at 15 Jun 07:40
ESSZ, Sweden

Peter wrote:

would really appreciate the identification of the various islands and interesting bits on the outbound flight

3 years too late but I’ll try and help nonetheless!

Peter wrote:

Still on the way there – a curious installation

Looks like some sort of pumping station/compression station for gas to me. wikimapia.org is a great site for helping identify unusual ground features. I found it on there but it is just labelled as “natural gas site”.

Peter wrote:

A GA airfield on a strip of land

That’s Juist EDWJ. If you’ve never been to the Frisian islands in the north sea I would recommend it. Very popular in summer. I went to Wangerooge EDWG last year. No cars on the entire island!

Peter wrote:

A military airport, with most of the runway flooded

Not sure where that is but I’m almost certain they are solar panels. Quite a few ex-military airfields have been covered in solar panels.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Emir wrote:

What about ESMK (Kristianstad) and ESTL (Ljungbyhed)? Are they far away from Lund?

They are a bit further away. ESMK is about 1 hr with car and 2 hr with public transport. ESTL is 50 min with car and 1 hr 10 min with public transport.

• ESMK is PPR outside of TWR hours which are published in NOTAM. They have JET-A1 fuel truck.
  • ESTL is PPR for all flights. They have increased charges outside of TWR hours. The tower is basically only open when the local aviation school needs them for training (http://www.lusa.lu.se/). Hours of operation are also published in NOTAM. As far as I know, they don’t have fuel for sale to the public.
ESME, ESMS

Emir wrote:

It says “16 SEK par ton and 24 hour period, minimum charge 155 SEK”. I understand that as: 16 SEK x 2 tons x 4 days = 128 SEK, which means 155 SEK will be charged. Am I correct? Or it’s minimum 155 SEK per day, so for 4 days it will be 620 SEK?

I understand it the same way you do (155 SEK). However, giving them a phone call will clarify things up.

Last Edited by Dimme at 15 Jun 10:43
ESME, ESMS

After several phone calls and few e-mails I got in touch with person at Swedavia who had info on pricing. Only take-off (SEK 500 – €50) and parking for 5 days (SEK 160 – €16) will be charged, no handling fee.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
96 Posts
Sign in to add your message