Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My longest flight...

Digging up this old thread…

My longest in time is perhaps this one, at 7:15 airborne time and with tons of headwind – Zadar to Shoreham

and there have been others over 7hrs.

Other long ones in distance were e.g. this one, at about 970nm, Shoreham to Dubrovnik, made possible (safely) by some tailwind

But the funniest thing, and this is what made me remember this, is that they are running a thread on the Socata owners’ group on the longest flight. The group is made up mostly of Americans and the longest flights they are posting are mostly around 5hrs. A couple of people mentioned me there, at 7hrs+, and of course plenty of others here in Europe have done similar things, but the posts were immediately deleted I got PNGd in 2008 for disagreeing with the site owner but it looks like they don’t like Europeans there very much.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter I posted on the Socata owners site re our recent flight. I’ll add it here also.
achimha I read your posting and very interesting write up of your trip. It sounds like a lot of hard work and planning involved to fly across several countries.
It is so different here in Australia. For VFR flights in uncontrolled airspace we can just jump in and take off and fly where ever we like.
I’ve flown over 2000 hours in TB10 aircraft all around Australia and have actually followed the coastline around Australia. (3 different flights) A lot of the time we are at low altitudes but will fly higher (8500ft) when the thermals get bad across the desert.
Recently in August this year we competed in the Outback Air Race which is a fund raiser held every 3 years to raise funds for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
This year it started in Archerfield YBAF, (near Brisbane) on 19th August on the east coast of Australia and ended in Broome, YBRM on the west coast August 30.
There were 38 aircraft in the event which was split into 8 legs over 11 days and covered over 2500nm. We flew our TB10 VH-WWW were team #19 Triple Whiskey “On the rocks”
See the web site for more details about the race. "":http://outbackairrace.com.au
We then had to fly home to Coffs Harbour. (YCFS)
All up 51.45 hours tacho (48.96 air switch) and just over 5000 nm.

Last Edited by TB_Jockey at 17 Nov 12:06
TB Jockey
YCFS, Australia

That’s some impressive distances… Australia is much bigger than Little Europe

Can you get avgas everywhere?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message