Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has anyone done a Sky Africa safari?

tomjnx wrote:

Been there, done that.

The biggest advantage of SkyAfrica compared to other players IMO is that they have very good ties to the South African CAA, so license validation can usually be done in a day. Otherwise this takes a week or so.

The trip was organized very well. We were staying in pretty upmarket locations, so if there was anything to worry about security it was the wild animals, and not unrest.

The scenery is absolutely stunning, much better than on the photos, the colours are much more intense than what can be captured on silicon.

I’d go for a Dakota or C182, they’re much roomier, and the C172s were often at the limit, endurance wise.

This sounds more and more like the most ultimate holiday imaginable. On top of my list, but what to do with the wife ??

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

On top of my list, but what to do with the wife

+1

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Maybe if you combine it with a lion hunt, shooting from the Cessna, the wives will join?

But how will we take pictures? And also, I am not a dentist :(

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Aircraft tyres do not have inner tubes

Mine do. I think most GA piston types do.

BTW, and while I have never done any flying in Africa, I have been down there (Durban, etc) and done some lodges, and unless you pay top dollar be prepared for a definite “reduction in comfort” compared to your home

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

On top of my list, but what to do with the wife ??

We had quite a few non-pilot (female) participants. After each flying day, we had a day at the lodge, doing walking, safari, whatever. So it’s definitely worthwhile for the partners too.

Peter wrote:

prepared for a definite “reduction in comfort” compared to your home

Well, if you aren’t, you better stay home.

LSZK, Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message