Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-Up Saturday 8 August 2015 Rouen LFOP

The German islands all need a minimum of 1 night stay, preferably 2 nights, due to the extra stops for customs.

Peter, Why? Sylt has customs, and is less than 400 nm from the west coast of Blighty.

EDHS, Germany

You are right, Sylt EDXW and also Helgoland EDXH.

EDXH is almost too short at 480m and probably too short if it is hot and calm wind.

I would still not do 400nm for lunch

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

EDXH is almost too short at 480m and probably too short if it is hot and calm wind.

EDXH has strong wind and 3 runways so the runway is much longer in reality.

If staying overnight and/ or customs is an issue, why don’t we plan for Texel (EHTX) then. It is the most GA friendly airport, it has customs (for the UK people 12 hrs prior notice). From there it is twenty minutes to half an hour max for those who want to carry on to Norderney or Juist. And Peter you can be back on Saturday.

EHLE Lelystad

The most GA friendly airport of Holland I tried to say of course

EHLE Lelystad

Anyone interested in a lunch at Rouen LFOP, Saturday?

Administrator

I don’t know If you wan’t to go to the city (for Rouen) but the restaurant at the airport is very good. The owner change this winter and the new formula is great (local producers, bio food)

Just call them to be sure they are open.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

The city, definitely

Administrator

I am doing LFOP tomorrow eta 0930z

Administrator

AIP entry here

Customs PNR, 6hrs, 12hrs according to a rumour

There is an auto responder on that email address, saying you need to go to a website for a handling request. Tower know nothing about this and say you just fly in. I tried to phone Customs to make sure they had received my email (obviously it went “somewhere” since I got the autoresponder) but the guy I got spoke no English, recognising only the word “email” and just kept repeating their email address (in an illegible way). They do have one lady there who spoke English and she gave me the email address earlier.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message