Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hungary to Greece

Unfortunately we are not able join the group even though we will be so close. Our plans had to be made 6 months ahead to vacation on Corfu.

I always try to leave one fudge date before and after our stay due to weather and unforeseen problems. We are due to arrive in Corfu on the 14th of Sept but we are thinking that we can squeeze a day in at Piran on the 13th. Potoros is part of EU and Schengen so landing there and then continuing onto Corfu should be ok. Correct?

We really wanted to fly to Brac Croatia but my airport in Hungary requires a callout for Immg and Customs if we plan on going to a non EU country and or a non Schengen. They charge 100EU or I can land at another airport in Hung that has customs and Immg on the field for lot less money but then the hassle of landing and taking off. So we came up with the idea of going to Portoros (EU & Schengen) instead of Brac which is EU but not Schengen.

So far so good I think. If not can anyone correct me.

On our return trip Im planning a technical stop in at Belgrade for fuel. As long as we dont have our passports stamped in Serbia can we still enter Hungary; an EU state without going through Immigration and customs control?

KHTO, LHTL

All good, Eugene. Hungary/Slovenia is no problem and going to Greece neither provided your destination is a port of entry (Greece is in violation of Schengen).

On our return trip Im planning a technical stop in at Belgrade for fuel. As long as we dont have our passports stamped in Serbia can we still enter Hungary; an EU state without going through Immigration and customs control?

Yes, put “technical landing” under RMK/ in your flight plan. You will remain in the transit area, they have a police agent at the GA lounge should you want to exit. I do this all the time, fly from/to Belgrade from my non customs airfield. If you ask them, they will drive you to the transit area of the main terminal where you can buy some booze and they won’t charge you for it. Just don’t arrive between 10-14 loc and around 18 loc or you can be quicker to drill for oil yourself…

Thanks Achim. Looking forward to a nice getaway using the plane.

KHTO, LHTL
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message