Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Damyns Hall EGML / Hornchurch

Indeed, It could have been a good option to change the destination to Sountend to save the weekend. However if you check the GAR documentation, in theory, every GAR needs to be 4h in advance, it doesn’t matter which airport (unless I missed something). However it says in case you couldn’t do it due to weather or whatever you should do it asap (even after arrival) on a designated customs airport.

Last Edited by jvdo at 20 Nov 15:34
EBMO, EBKT

Yes, even though what they write doesn’t make sense. A flight from say France to the UK is an immigration matter, not a customs matter (Border Force covers both of these) so what matters is whether the airport in question is designated for immigration, not whether the airport is designated for customs. If you look at the list of aerodromes in the GAR guidance, there are loads of aiports which are designated for customs but not for Immigration. Very few are the other way ’round.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Trying to get PPR permission for Damyns Hall but the phone is not picked up there yesterday or today, I do get an email that they received my request but no confirmation and on the aerops split seems that one day of parking an SR22 costs over 200 euro?

Any help appreciated.

EDLE, Netherlands

EDLE, Netherlands

Historically, once you got this reply, you don‘t need further conformation from Damyns Hall.

Aerops seems to be set up wrongly for parking charges (same happens to me, I just tried). According to the (outdated) website it is 20GBP per night (which is still a lot for a grass strip). i would try to pay in place in this case.

EBNH is interesting.

Brace yourself for impact in an SR22 at EDDL. Now almost 300 Euros. Better park it at EGML for a month…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, it is EBOS which I corrected by email. Thanks for the advise given. Yes, EDDL is expensive. I need a quick turn around customs airfield back to Essen as I have guests coming over for dinner in the evening and am still on a guided tour of the British Museum until Sunday noon, and have to deal with the 1 hr difference in time between UK and continental Europe. Life is tough! EHMZ might be a faster turn around and cheaper :-)

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 05 Jun 16:30
EDLE, Netherlands

Trying to get PPR permission for Damyns Hall

I see you found it, yes there is the website form to ppr (no one read it or care, it’s for ULM? or Microlight? or for CAA consumption?) you get a receipt by email and it’s enough

If you need operational info you can contact Tiger Club, the +800m grass is ok for SR22 if you stick to 21 for takeoff and 03 for landing with dry conditions, if you land on 21 or takeoff 03 there is slope and don’t fly straight final or departure, it’s ok to land before 21 displaced threshold, it’s only there for the pylons…

Landing is 5£-10£ and can be paid by card, parking is free I think?

It’s ok for Mooneys & Diamonds, not sure about DA62 though

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Jun 16:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Just one more question. I know this has probably been covered elsewhere here to death but Lydd is a customs/immigration field according to the AIP when they are open. Can’t I just clear into the UK by first flying into Lydd, Southend or Biggin Hill first before flying later that day into Damyns Hall? Or do I have to fill In and submit a GAR form in those cases as well? And also x hours before departing to the UK?

EDLE, Netherlands

You don’t necessarily need to land in customs airports in the UK for private flights (scheduled flights or import flights have to go to Customs & Excise designated airport like Lydd though), if it’s a temporary visit from EU by private aircraft, the GAR is enough to land in any airport or strip

Damyns Hall has temporary certificate of agreement now untill +2024, I flown there 3 months ago (and many times before from France), the post-brexit COA allows the following kind of flights in my screenshots

No need to go via Southend, Lydd and Biggin…however, if you do you still have to file GAR regardless and comply with it’s notice period even if C+I are 24h, also UK airports AIP entries have some additional requirements that are not up to date with the guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Jun 06:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The UK uses the GAR form for all this. Just file that, 2hrs+ before arrival.

You can fly direct to almost anywhere.

@ibra might be a good idea to post smaller screenshots.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message