Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sligo EISG anyone?

North West? :)

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

The Gardai told me that you could re fuel at Enniskillen and get it at the drawback rate, and no one seems too worried about the 24 hour notice for crossing into Northern Ireland. This was a few years back, so things may have changed.

A very friendly airport.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

North West? :)

Too much reliance on GPS, clearly

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Note how you can file from any waypoint to any waypoint in Ireland…

Sligo Saturday or early Sunday might work for me.

Tököl LHTL

Peter wrote:

You are having a stag party at Sligo, Colm?

Nope. Going to Kilkenny. You’re more than welcome to pop over if you wish!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

RobertL18C wrote:

The Gardai told me that you could re fuel at Enniskillen and get it at the drawback rate, and no one seems too worried about the 24 hour notice for crossing into Northern Ireland. This was a few years back, so things may have changed.

Robert, be very cautious about following that advice. The Gardaí have no role in this at all. So their comment is of little more value than a random stranger on the street.

The Irish side is managed by Customs, and the British side by HMRC & PSNI.

I’m aware that lots of people “pop across to Enniskillen” for fuel, and seem totally oblivious to their obligations. But you could be the unlucky one! It’s no big deal to file the paperwork. (If you need any help, I can give you a guide). They aren’t too fussy about the times, so long as they are your best guess all will be fine.

Enniskillen will give you the fuel Duty free if you’re leaving for the Republic. So you don’t have to bother to do the draw back claims.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

You guys should frame this chart

since it represents the first known case of Scotland and Ireland having great wx while the rest of the world has absolutely crap wx

If this pans out, I would not even get out of Shoreham.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If the weather was this good I might even fire up the Luscombe and head to EISG. It’s entertaining transport vs taking 172.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Cripes @Peter!

800 miles round trip for an Irish Sunday lunch… But the forecast is still looking good, and you could book a night at the Strandhill Suites (recommended) to make the visit worthwhile.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message