Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

WarleyAir wrote:

EASA say a country can base their landing fees on weight or noise. Germany chooses to base on noise.

Speyer base their landing fees on weight AND noise. And if you do not have a noise certificate, operations are “verboten” a big part of the day, especially during weekends.

I do have noise figures in the AFM though.

In Mannheim I was charged “lärmkategori C” and in Cologne I was charged a 20 € noise fee. I presented them with the page in the AFM containing the noise values, but I do not know whether they took that into consideration.

LFPT, LFPN

Here you go:

EGKK 060458Z 0706/0812 22005KT 3000 RADZ BKN004 BECMG 0706/0708 21016KT 9999 NSW SCT008 PROB30 TEMPO 0706/0707 1400 BKN001 TEMPO 0708/0716 22020G32KT 5000 RADZ BKN008 PROB30 TEMPO 0712/0715 BKN004 BECMG 0718/0721 27010KT BECMG 0800/0803 VRB03KT PROB40 0802/0807 1200 MIFG BECMG 0804/0806 17010KT BECMG 0810/0812 BKN010

But hey you have 6-7 months to get an IR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For those planning to attend the museum in Speyer please keep in mind to pay a visit to the tower guys of the airfield first.

They quite often have vouchers giving reduced entrance fees to the museum and other sights in Speyer. When we visited the museum a few weeks ago with just two people we got the same individual price as usually reserved for members of groups of 15+. The difference paid for the after-landing beer in the evening.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

RXH wrote:

They quite often have vouchers giving reduced entrance fees to the museum

The Speyer airport website says that you have reduced entrance fees to the museum if you arrive by air.

LFPT, LFPN

you have 6-7 months to get an IR

… plus a few years’ savings for the IFR-capable plane …
… plus a little bit of training and exams …

Last Edited by at 08 Nov 08:48
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

WarleyAir wrote:

but left the db figure ‘as is’

You could take the dB values out of this, then you’d have the same number as you’d have on a noise certificate if you had your arrow registered in the EU

LSZK, Switzerland

OK tomlnx @ 36, db figures can be got from that – I’ve seen that spreadsheet before.
Noted that it seems a combination of weight & noise – didn’t know that.
The point I’m making to Aviator @ 25 & 31 is that (as I understand it) you get the db figures (from somewhere), and you make your own Declaration / Certificate, based on the FAA’s suggested layout.
I think you have to present it at ‘C’ as a ‘certificate’, not just show the AFM.
I will try and find a ‘link’ to the FAA’s suggested layout or send you ours which I think is now in editable format.
It was not a ‘hot’ document that you could just ‘edit’, but one of our members converted it and edited-in our aircrafts details.
It would seem no authority actual issues one !!!

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 08 Nov 11:15
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Speyer EDRY seems good to me. Schwabisch Hall EDTY is only 30 min flying time away – we could do both!!!!
Used EDTY four times now on Adriatic trips – like it.

For me in the north of England (EGCF), EDRY (Speyer) is not too far – going further east, The Alps, Adriatic etc. gets expensive and weather tricky.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 08 Nov 12:30

Just do San Nicolo so I can join, will ya?

Also worth considering is perhaps Stockholm in the summer or late summer. It’s a beautiful city with lots of history. They’ve kind of ruined GA airports in close vicinity (Bromma is now too exorbitant), but there’s still a few smaller fields further away. GA is relatively lax in Scandinavia and you won’t find any overzealous noise certification needs or busy bodies in high viz vests. There’s basically no one around and you can fend for yourself.

On the way up from continental Europe is an island in the lake of Vättern called Visingsö. They have a beautiful grass field where many fly in on nice summer days (ESSI). Lots of GA activity there. Could be a good stop for anyone who likes grass on the way up.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 09 Nov 00:14
Sign in to add your message