Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

The airport won’t let me park anywhere else on the apron either which is not exactly going to help with fitting everyone in.

Could you please post some detail, Jason?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No detail just that I have to park in the GA area as well. I tried to get on the commercial apron to make more space.

EGTK Oxford

Someone kindly phoned up the aeroclub at Carcassonne and they say that it is no problem to park on the grass and there should be room for our 28 aircraft.

Phone +33 4 6871 3878.

Email

This is great news!

Would it be useful to involve the aero club? It may be a welcome addition to their activities. I have emailed them the current aircraft list and an explanation.

The above has not come from the airport admin and probably such a reply would not be obtainable from there… I suggest running with this, and liasing with the aeroclub. They are best placed to know how things work on the ground.

Administrator

Colm, I couldn’t agree more. We will have enough French speakers on the day. Some of us have BP and Total cards and will help those who don’t. If that doesn’t work, look for a Maule and help yourself. BD Maule put two large capacity drains under the fuselage which will fill a jerrycan (root around in the luggage compartment under the duct tape and baler twine) in about three minutes. Leave your factor’s address under the pilot’s seat cushion – gentlemen’s aeroplanes don’t have locks.

Pierre, quit fretting. Of course we’ll blame you for everything and then ask for our money back, but that’s all part of the fun of being the Dux.

P.S. Crossed with Peter’s post. Aeroclub is a great idea.

Last Edited by Jacko at 20 Feb 16:51
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Re the BP card. I applied for mine two weeks ago and it has now all been approved and will be posted out to me this week. Whole process was fairly efficient only a couple of emails and sending a direct debit mandate.

I will be coming via La Rochelle as I’m going to be VFR so if places are limited I can go to the non-custons / immigration field.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It would then make sense for intra-schengen French speakers to fly to Lézignan.

Why ? The whole idea is that we all park together. The best solution is that we “stack” our planes integigently, best way to do that is have a couple of EuroGA linemen.

Seriously, I don’t see the point if we all get scattered across 3 or 4 airports.

I’m going to Carcasonne or I’m not going.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

OK, didn’t see Peter’s last post re AéroClub, but I still think best solution is to have linemen. and pack ’m in like sardines by hand.

Last Edited by Michael at 21 Feb 10:41
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I think the approach (no pun intended) will be to fly to Carcassonne and if the landing is refused then you execute Plan B which will be one of the other two.

Or one of the IFR ones, for IFR arrivals. But (nobody replied to my post on this) I am not sure about transport from those.

But some people may actually prefer one of the others e.g. want fuel but don’t have an AIR BP card.

Obviously I hope to be around and if I can I will fill others with my card. I have not yet heard about my “any” card – will chase it up. But mine should work anyway if there is no pump man around to check the regs being filled.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I think the approach (no pun intended) will be to fly to Carcassonne and if the landing is refused then you execute Plan B which will be one of the other two.

Why would “they” refuse ? Not for lack of AvGas, certainly, and I strongly suggest we MANAGE our own parking.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Karen and I are booked into the Hotel du Château Friday to Monday.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message