Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Lézignan-Corbières is 17 minutes by train (8 €) from Carcassonne, and there seems to be about one train every hour, or even every half hour depending on time-of-day.

Castelnaudary is 20 minutes from Carcassonne (7,90 €). Frequency ranges from 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on time of day.

Link to the French Railway’s reservation system in English

I have previously been to Perpignan-Rivesaltes. I do not remember anything negative about it except that the GA parking is located a longish walk from the terminal. For those who would need customs it might be an alternative unless you can do customs at Carcassonne (PN 24 hrs according to AIP) before continuing to Lézignan or Castelnaudary. The North GA parking (where I parked) is currently closed until the end of May for some reason (NOTAM).

Montpellier – have not been there but at least they have customs w/o PNR

Trains from Montpellier and Perpignan to Carcassonne are about 01:30 – 02:00. Most trains from Montpellier are direct, whereas from Perpignan you would have one connection at Narbonne.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 09 Feb 18:00
LFPT, LFPN

Count us in with 3 man carrying machines :

Beech F33A 2 POB from Braunschweig
Cessna C182 2 POB from Braunschweig
Mooney M20K 2 POB from Magdeburg

Hotel is already booked :-)

Great bit of info, Aviathor. So I reckon we have a way forward. The way the list is growing, I was thinking about relocating the fly-in to Prague

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The way the list is growing, I was thinking about relocating the fly-in to Prague

Nooo, that is slightly off-course for my evolving plans.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Realistically I’m not going to have the full IR as I’ve been dragging my feet with the exams!

Definitely up for the trip VFR…weather depending.

2/3 POB. PA32

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Current status:

Administrator

‘Dear mr. O’Leary. EuroGA regrets to inform you that LFMK will be closed for Ryanair 6 through 9 May’

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I have 4 souls coming possibly 5. Arriving on the 6th.

KHTO, LHTL

Another friend from Braunschweig would like to join:

B36, 2 POB

Great

I am sure we now have more aircraft than could possibly be parked at Carcassonne

One always gets dropouts, but one also always gets people who didn’t say they were coming.

So I would ask people to read the preceeding pages here about the other airfields in the area, especially the two with hard runways and dead easy and fast train access, for intra-Schengen arrivals.

And if a French speaking pilot could please contact those airfields and check avgas and fuel payment options, that would be great

Administrator
Sign in to add your message