Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Done Peter.
Sent you the 2 sets of files generated by SkyDemon.
Good luck for your fly-out, whatever solution you chose, you can’t be wrong. The region is lovely.

ELLX, Luxembourg

howald28 wrote:

Good luck for your fly-out, whatever solution you chose, you can’t be wrong. The region is lovely.

Does that mean you won’t be joining?

LFPT, LFPN

Probably not, Aviathor.
I’ll be organising / helping another fly-out the same day :-)
Maybe some other year…

Watch out for planes when circling around the chateaux cathares, and fly safe.

For our British friends…
I used to fly there with a British colleague. He said “Next to a good meat pie, cassoulet is the next best thing in the world”.

ELLX, Luxembourg

I’ve stayed twice in Carcassonne.

The fist time was in the Mecure mentioned by Phil the Flyer.
It was maybe 10 years ago now, so any info is well out of date, but the hotel was fine then. It’s close to the old Cité.

Last year I stayed at the Best Western inside the old Cité.
Best Western Donjon
It’s a standard small 4* hotel, but the setting is amazing, bring inside, right in the heart of the old Cité. I don’t think anyone staying there would be disappointed. It’s very atmospheric.

Be conscious of where you stay. The old city and the new one are quite separate, divided by the river. If you stay in one and want to go to the other, it’s about a 15 minute walk. It’s a pleasant walk if the weather is ok.

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 07 Feb 20:15
EIWT Weston, Ireland

@Peter,
Please count me in :
DR400-160 from LFPX/Chavenay near Paris, 2 pob, plan to arrive on Friday PM.
Thanks

LFLY, France

The two files are here and here

I hope they are right. They are zipfiles and each of them contains all the files attached to the emails – thank you

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter.
The 2 files contains 2 different subsets of castles, one closer to Lezignan LFMZ and one closer to Castelnaudary LFMW.
If you are based in LFMK, then you can mix and match both sets. You are midway.
To help you chose, I’d suggest that you open the GPX files with Wordpad and look for the name of the user waypoints (I named them from the castle’s names). Then you check the photos posted in Google Earth and decide which ones suit you most.
As for the Carcassonne old city itself, Carcassonne tower is quite cooperative, usually, when you ask for a fly-by of the “Cité” after take-off or when you come back, depending on the QFU.
Enjoy

ELLX, Luxembourg

I just booked at
HOTEL DU PONT VIEUX
32, rue Trivalle.
11000 CARCASSONNE (FRANCE)

Their cancellation policy is fair.

Last Edited by Nestor at 07 Feb 22:47
LFLY, France

Yesterday, got this very late reply from the airport. It complies with their notam, FWIW, but it seems to show there are competing persons in the airport admin. I guess this is normal for the country; what happens on the ground is often not the official position. Make what you like of it… and welcome to aviation!

Administrator

So far we have

Administrator
Sign in to add your message