Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

I am trying to get info on a day tour from “vin en vacances”, pricing and type of tours available. I have made email contact now working on voice. Will report back. Perhaps we can get a group rate if others are interested.

KHTO, LHTL

Unfortunately I’m going to be in the USA when this trip is on. Maybe the next one…!

Andreas IOM

Just bumping this thread

There have not been any new developments. I might ask someone to contact the aeroclub again, just to make sure.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sadly due to the incorrect recording of a school holiday for my son in our calendar, I am going to have to cancel. Due to exams he can’t come and we can’t leave him alone. Sorry about that.

chrisparker, the room is all yours now!

EGTK Oxford

I contacted some of the tour operators. They get busy that time of year and they recommend to book a tour early. This was recommended:

http://vinenvacances.com/wine-food-tours/how-it-works/

http://vinenvacances.com/wines-and-tastings/wine-food-tastings/

http://vinenvacances.com/wines-and-tastings/the-vin-en-vacances-wine-selection/

We plan on going on one of these three tours. The first one is my first choice to try. In any case if a group could be gotten together from our group we could get a private tour with like minded individuals. Hangar flying around different vineyards. Anyone interested in doing one of the tours?

KHTO, LHTL

Peter, if there’s room can you pencil me in: RV-6 from Ireland, looks like 1 POB at this stage. Afterwards I’m off to Croatia …

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

Excellent We should have a great turnout; maybe a lot bigger than the 2014 Mali Losinj fly-in which was really good.

We are probably well above the number which can physically (never mind politically) park at Carcassonne airport. There has not been another word from the aeroclub. Someone was going to contact them again, in French, but doesn’t appear to have been successful. So the suggestions posted earlier still apply i.e. those who can, fly to the other two airports if possible.

Those who arrive IFR will have to fly to Carcassonne itself because IFR alternates are a long way away by public transport.

It will be definitely necessary in this case for everyone to have a Plan B and a Plan C. This is not e.g. Croatia where you just phone e.g. Brac airport and they say “yes you are welcome to spend money here”

Administrator

Update:

The guy who was trying to contact the aeroclub has not been successful, over about 2 weeks. It could be they are not answering the phone, or are there only at weekends.

An earlier contact with the airport admin was that they had only 6 parking places. Well, they have only the 6 painted on the tarmac.

I know that nobody is organising this and nobody is taking any money deposits, etc, but I am obviously not comfortable with this situation.

The next thing is to contact the two airfields up and down the road and check with them that they can accept say 20-30 aircraft.

If they cannot (or no contact can be made) and no contact can be made with the LFMK aeroclub (and they reconfirm all is OK, even for Friday arrivals) then my only option is to recommend cancelling the fly-in and going somewhere where they actually want GA arrivals!

I know a number of people have booked hotels (I booked two rooms at £240 each) but normally one can cancel if doing it nice and early.

Administrator

Hello,
What happened after the first call to the Aeroclub when they said it was OK (#193) ?
I tried to call right now, no answer.
Do they answer the mails ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

That first “OK” from the aeroclub is the only “OK” we have.

No reply to emails ever AFAIK and no reply to phone calls for the weeks since.

The only other “known factor” is a very late (weeks late, IIRC) email from the airport itself, saying there is a limit of six.

Also LFMK is AIR BP card only for avgas.

Someone is checking out the other two airports nearby. One of them (LFMZ Lézignan) says it’s fine, and have avgas, credit cards ok, so that’s good. Not sure if that one is French-only. Both are Schengen traffic only.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message