Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Peter wrote:

Forecasts at this range are a complete waste of time – unless one is just looking for a reason to not go

That’s why I’m searching across the Internet until I find the forecast that shows good weather on my destination. And guess what – I have dispatch rate close to 100%

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

While flying around Carcassonne, don’t miss the impressive Middle-Age castles, impressive remnants of Cathars and Templars, which became famous during the Crusade against the Heretics, when the famous sentence was pronounced: Kill them all, God will know His own.
See this website: link
Here is the GPS (gpx) waypoints file: link

LFLY, France

Was on my ‘to do’ list, but regret Medical suspended. Atrial Fibrillation (AF)
Hope to get resolved – can anybody give me hope ?
See Cardiologist Friday.
All have a good flight etc.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

That’s why I’m searching across the Internet until I find the forecast that shows good weather on my destination. And guess what – I have dispatch rate close to 100%

Now here is a man with a sense of humor.

KHTO, LHTL

Sorry to hear, WarleyAir. In general the CAA are helpful, especially for a non commercial use, but from what I’ve heard they want a load of tests and a lot more reports than your GP will knock up, and you have to pay for those. I know a few people who had heart issues, usually unexplained but the CAA wanted a consultant involvement which would cost thousands, so they just went to an NPPL, and fly on a GP signoff. I don’t know if the LAPL is an option here. But the most important thing is that you get yourself healthy again, obviously.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@WarleyAir : sad to hear, wishing you all the best!

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Bluebeard wrote:

C210_Flyer, if you still have a seat available in your transport to visit some decent caves/vineyards on Saturday 7 May – I am enthusiastic! This will be a no-fly day.

Just checked everyone in my group and so there is room for you to join us in the car. Please send me your email address so we can coordinate.

WarleyAir wrote:

See Cardiologist Friday.

Best of luck and wishes.

Nestor wrote:

Nestor 02-May-16 08:51 #312
Hello @Peter,
As discussed in Friedrichshafen, would it be possible for everyone to prepare nametags with their full name, country (flag) EuroGA pseudo, homebase and type of aircraft ?
This would facilitate interactions.
Thanks

Just bought a plastic enclosed name tag for 50 Cts Which I will keep for this and future events. Im good with faces but names not so much. Especially on this forum where everyone has a pseudonym.

KHTO, LHTL

Today’s MSLPs show great wx for Friday and Saturday, and the bad wx to the west has moved further west.

What I can’t tell is the cloudbases. You need to be a good meteorologist to work out likely cloud from the pressure charts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It seems that high disipates at lower rate keeping low pressure area (and bad weather) further to the west exactly according to my wishes. I think we can expect acceptable weather on Sunday as well but who knows. Anyhow, I’m planning for before-noon departure on Sunday because my daughter has to be back home for Ricky Martin concert but we have some few hours of buffer if the weather is really bad.

@Peter: Your and mine route seem to be pretty cloud-free on arrival while on way back it still hard to forecast due to possible daily build-ups and the low comming from Spain.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

“Please send me your email address so we can coordinate.” – Done.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland
Sign in to add your message