Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Avgas price is totally acceptable – Jet A1 is 1.20€ which is little bit higher than I’m used to pay but it’s ok.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

UK weather here on departure

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It improved little bit an hour later – at least it stopped raining.

Btw customs was couldn’t care less about us – the lady said “Croatia? No, you don’t have to report your departure to us.” The same situation as last summer when departing from Carcassonne.

Last Edited by Emir at 08 May 18:04
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We came in via the GA entrance, where you have the door code which changes once a month.

I need to email the airport and tell them where to send the bill. I was told that is how it works at LFMK. It’s the same at some other French airports – nobody around at weekends who can take your money.

Administrator

Great to meet everyone. A few pictures I took…

Le Harve, coasting in to France from FL90

The new town, from the walls of the old one:

The densely packed homes within the walls of the citadel:

The obligatory night shot of the citadel and the old bridge leading to it:

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

That night shot is just amazing. A decent camera and a tripod is needed for that

Administrator

Many thanks to Peter for arranging the festivities at Carcassonne, and it was good to meet some of the names.

Pre-fuelled, I decided to depart as early as I could this morning as the weather seemed likely to get worse. Departure towards the east worked fine, I’m now in Ravenna to check out some antiquities …….

By the way re the comments about filling oil in a wind, I have a cut-off soft drinks bottle as a funnel, whose thread exactly fits my Lycoming filler tube. Drips are contained by screwing on the original bottle top. This bottle lives snugly in another bottle in the cockpit, to contain any oiliness. No weight at all, no messy funnels.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

The biggest thanks goes to Nestor. He not only arranged the restaurant which was an astonishing thing for such a group at such a short notice, but even managed to get someone to come out and help us work out the “self service” fuel pump. And then he got stuck there when the fuel pump broke today…

Administrator

@Peter: You should’ve paid at information desk in the main building before going to GA entrance.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have phoned them. They don’t do phone payments / don’t take credit cards. They gave me an email address of

to send the details to, and they will email you the bill.

Unfortunately most UK banks charge a stupid amount for foreign payments. In my case it is £25. In this case, Nestor is kindly sorting it out for me as he is at the airport

Administrator
Sign in to add your message