Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Administrator

Are they playing this awful hip-hop music at the ski-lift stations now? All day? If so, I will never go skiing again

But the Dolomites are really one of the most beautiful ski resorts in the Alps. I learnt to ski there (at Colfosco) when I was 4 years old. That was 50 years ago. Long before hip hop music was invented.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Yes… I believe it is all a part of the “apres ski” concept, where you try to get young women drunk and… It’s not so big around here but Zell am See did a lot of it.

Everybody I meet here learnt to ski at age 4 or 5 also… very depressing

This is the Trento bus

Administrator

what_next wrote:

Are they playing this awful hip-hop music at the ski-lift stations now? All day? If so, I will never go skiing again

Sorry, the genre is Eurodance rather than hip-hop and the song you’re referring to could well be regarded as a classic by now. Young people won’t even know it anymore, I suppose!

Peter wrote:

Yes… I believe it is all a part of the “apres ski” concept, where you try to get young women drunk and… It’s not so big around here but Zell am See did a lot of it.

As far as I can tell, Apres Ski is virtually non-existent in Italy. There’s also close to nothing (compared to Austrian standards) in Zell. If you dislike Apres-Ski, do avoid Sölden, Ischgl, St. Anton.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

the genre is Eurodance rather than hip-hop

The difference is what? European rather than american gangstas?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Patrick wrote:

Sorry, the genre is Eurodance rather than hip-hop and the song you’re referring to could well be regarded as a classic by now. Young people won’t even know it anymore, I suppose!

Or rather too old to remember Generally, I always loved Eurodance (not this song though). I still light a candle every year on Melanie Thornton’s (whose every record I have) anniversary of death. Caused by one of the most unnecessary accidents in the history of aviation and one of the reasons I still insist that my students be able to fly non-precision approaches on pure raw-data. And keep their eyes on the instruments until very short final to pick up a recent thread (http://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/7305-what-goes-through-your-mind-as-you-approach-minimum-on-an-ifr-approach).

Last Edited by what_next at 10 Feb 10:31
EDDS - Stuttgart

A final few pics… the runs here are too steep for me to do, but the scenery is stunning… on a nice day.

Administrator

We had two really great skiing days, in the week here. The rest were CAT3 conditions, with visibility sometimes too low to see where the run is.

Madonna is the best place I have been to so far (after Axamer Lisum, Mutters, Filzmoos, Grand Bornand, Zell am See, Corvara, Colfusco), with big wide slopes which are also long, and plenty for all skill levels. There are only a few “dodgy blues” (bits which are blacks really).

The downside is that you need to hit the cable car 8:30am sharp. You will get an hour of utterly beautiful conditions, like wonderland. Then the kiddies schools come out. At the 2hr point, it is like Empire Strikes Back in terms of traffic.

And there is really nothing else to do here apart from skiing. The shops are shut 11am to 3pm and there are very few – just a bunch of overpriced ski shops and some boutiques.

Here’s a little video, taken on the 2nd nice day (today)

Administrator

Realy nice condition there and nearly nobody on the slope. I think I should start again with skiing.

EDWF, Germany
Sign in to add your message