Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Two day trip recommendation originating from LOWG/GRZ

Beautiful !!! How did you mount the tail cam? It looks like it sits well below the horizontal stabilizer.

Great photos … shows that putting a camera outside the aircraft is the way to go

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Snoopy, did you fly a DA40D or something else turbocharged?

Great pictures.

LFPT, LFPN

Snoopy wrote:

I am astonished and find that unacceptable. I am amazed that this is even legally possible. Zurich being major public infrastructure etc… What if you have your plane based there? Bad luck, can’t fly?

You have exactly described the situation. And I am based there, we should have flown to maintenance this week and could not.

BTW, this happens not only for the WEF but also for other things. VFR suspended turns up the moment something out of the ordinary happens…. basically they are giving us a hint……

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Thanks all.

I believe it was a GoPro Hero 4, mounted using the GoPro plate that uses the 3M sticky stuff. Location was inwards underneath the stabilizer. It looks like it is well underneath because of the wide angle of the camera. In reality it sits maybe 4cm below the stabilizer using the flat plate mount. Located as far inwards as possible to minimize lever arm.

Peter wrote:

Great photos … shows that putting a camera outside the aircraft is the way to go

It is nice and the pictures are great, but if I am PIC I would not do it. Too much liability. Imagine you lose the cam at an airport and a passenger jet rolls over it during take off…

Aircraft was a 80HP Rotax DA20 (Canadian version) that had a brand new engine. No Turbo, at least it leans itself. Performance was much better than what I had anticipated… then again it was cold and dense air all around.

always learning
LO__, Austria
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message