Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cannes LFMD

And do make sure you respect the course / waypoints and altitudes required…they do track you on radar and will contact you in the event of any transgression.

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

AnthonyQ wrote:

And do make sure you respect the course / waypoints and altitudes required…they do track you on radar and will contact you in the event of any transgression.

Wilco. I have no intention to flout the rules having got down that far! (or anywhere, for that matter)

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

I flew into Cannes Sep 2017 and had no problem, and I was “all over the place” in the ~50kt wind at 1000ft AAL

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I got an email after I turned final too early on the VPT to Rwy 17.. I had been in there many times but it was not long after they had introduced a new waypoint just inside the D6185 (Point A) and I hadn’t updated my info….they sent me the radar plot and a please explain…

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 19 May 12:04

AnthonyQ wrote:

they had introduced a new waypoint just inside the D6185 (Point A) and I hadn’t updated my inf

Noted! Are there some recommended low-level VFR routes? (ie. < 10k feet).

jgmusic

Check your email / spam box

Administrator

jgmusic wrote:

Noted! Are there some recommended low-level VFR routes? (ie. < 10k feet).

Presumably Peter has sent you the information you seek…but generally you will come from the West VFR or IFR over the Gulf de St-Tropez snd offshore along the coast.

Indeed, and thanks AnthonyQ.

jgmusic

From here

Peter wrote:

What is the process for getting hard surface parking for a SEP? I know a DA42 gets it automatically

Probably the same as in Cannes-Mandelieu….FLP6 ! Seriously, it is a negotiation…and speaking French (well) definitely helps…plus not bring British probably

IME, Sep 2017, to get hard parking at Cannes LFMD you simply pay the full (then €100) handling charge. If you want to avoid the handling, you have to park on the (fairly rough) grass. Nothing to do with FLP 6. Cannes is a pretty transparent airport; no funny business.

As regards non British, perhaps someone who has been to Calvi LFKC with a SEP and parked on the hard surface can make a more valuable contribution?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message