Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cannes LFMD

With apologies to Clint Eastwood, there are two kinds of pilots: those who know the tricks, and those you haven’t yet discovered EuroGA and pay the extra €60

In a different scenario you would call this “entrapment”

However – from one of my emails: “Please note this is a tech stop only; no handling required.”

This is widespread in aviation. You land somewhere and immediately a man (or, at Cannes, a good looking woman) jumps into a car and drives towards you. Then your fate is sealed

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

However – from one of my emails: “Please note this is a tech stop only; no handling required.”

It’s the request for hard parking which triggers the handling fee.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

a good looking woman

60 € only to lay eyes on a good looking woman, that’s harsh !!!!

LFBZ, France

Hi, I’m planning a flight to Cannes in June. Someone told me the other day that you need to do some kind of online certification to get PPR. Is that right? I cant find anything about it, only comments about how welcoming they are…!

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

Maybe you are referring to stuff like myhandling.

I vaguely recall doing an online exam for Cannes last year.

I suggest you phone the airport (initially google for their website) and check their current requirements. Also check the AIP.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

It is well worth looking at the VPT in advance.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Dave_Phillips wrote:

Five minutes of your time.

And once done you get a fancy Course Completion Certificate ….. thats … ‘suitable for framing’ … to impress the relatives

Many thanks all!

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

quatrelle wrote:

‘suitable for framing’

I have so many of these. Cannes, Sion, Mannheim, Funchal, Innsbruck. I could cover my wall like American psychiatrists do in the movies

EGKB Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message